• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL...this time lets keep it about QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some guys shared a hotel room, some did red roof solo, some got a crashpad. I think the crashpad was cheapest option.

Does anyone have any good recent interview info? There have been a couple people I would have sworn would get hired, but didn't. I'm curious.

Really appreciate all the good info. Exactly what I was looking for. I have strong internal recommendations, but I hate bugging them on the phone so much in a short time. I'm really excited to be interviewing for VRD! I just want to put my best foot forward.

I haven't updated my FlightInfo account in over 8 years...

My reasoning for saying that is so that I wouldn't get 1000 responses about the future of Virgin. Many think they will fail. Every way I look at the prospects here, its a win win no matter what happens. I have faith in business plans that put the CUSTOMER first and realizes that to make happy customers, you need happy employees. I think Richard Branson is a brilliant man and he is no stranger to airlines and profits.

I have worked for very successful companies that do not value customers or employees, and they are the worst places in the world to reside. The so called "stability" is also a facade.

So to say "I don't care about the company beyond 2 years" is not a true statements. What I should have said is, "I don't care what others on flightinfo think about the company or its future" :D

Hope that clarifies

Last edited:
And that is one way that many people don't make it through the interview. If you were to slip up and say you didn't care about where Virgin is in 2 years and didn't have a chance to explain yourself, I guarantee you would not get called back.

2. What is reserve like for a Seattle Commuter? Can you be junior and get long call? What are the call out times for both long and short call?

I am a SEA commuter. In the 3 years I've been doing the commute, I have not been left behind on a VX flight. I have however sat in the JS on several occasions during high load times. (Xmas, spring break, summer)

I am a SEA commuter. In the 3 years I've been doing the commute, I have not been left behind on a VX flight. I have however sat in the JS on several occasions during high load times. (Xmas, spring break, summer)

What, if any, is the commuter policy?

What, if any, is the commuter policy?

The commuter policy used to require 2 backups now it's 3.

I have missed a commute in the last couple of years. I called, left a detailed message of what happend with our CP, kept scheduling in the loop and never heard a peep from anyone. Just be responsible and try to plan ahead. When you do have a problem, IMHO, honestly is the best policy.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back