• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL...this time lets keep it about QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you guys for such good information on this!!

Another question. What are people wearing for interview attire?
They say in the email from HR that Business Attire is required. I understand the no tie thing...and that also something that attracts me to VX...NO TIE!! :)

So, I'm planning on a long sleeve button shirt, slacks, no tie, nice shoes / belt ... am I on target with this?

That's kind of a BS policy

Don't quote me on it. I think 2 in a rolling 12 months is probably something you can be okay with, and the 3rd one being a bad/discipline type case. The policy is similar to my last ALPA carrier. Fortunately, I've never had a case where I had to call it in. I did have a Delta 737 that had to land at nearest suitable airport, long story short, another 737 rescued us and I made it to my gate about 24 minutes prior to departure. I kept CS advised and never heard a peep. They let my CA know I'd be running a tad behind.

They say in the email from HR that Business Attire is required. I understand the no tie thing...and that also something that attracts me to VX...NO TIE!! :)

So, I'm planning on a long sleeve button shirt, slacks, no tie, nice shoes / belt ... am I on target with this?

Yes. Open collared dress shirt tucked into slacks, belt, nice shoes. You could do a sport jacket, but I took it off after entering each room for the interview portions.

Yep, you got it. If you bring a jacket make it a nice one. OTOH, if you wear a baby blue high school prom tux you will certainly leave an impression.

Be comfortable, be yourself, be engaging with the peeps you meet all day and work hard to remember & use the names of folks you meet along the way. Turn your phone off all day and don't pick your nose during lunch. The resume got you in the door, the last hurdle is just a check to see if HR thinks you will fit in (aka "be virgin enough"). Have fun & smile.

Is it really possible as stated above to get 17-18 days off as a junior line holder? I'm pretty much sold on virgin. You could commute from anywhere with that schedule.

Some recent info leaking out of 555 regarding basing and hiring:

The company is still trying to grow LAX without forcing crews down there involuntarily. CiCi (head crew scheduler) is apparently trying to make more four day trips out of LAX in order to make it more attractive for people to bid it. Talk of making JFK a dual base with EWR and adding 8-12 more crews there as well. Word is with FAR 117 on the horizon there will be significant hiring for the rest of the year.

Is it really possible as stated above to get 17-18 days off as a junior line holder? I'm pretty much sold on virgin. You could commute from anywhere with that schedule.

Yep. My first line had 19 off. Now that is with bidding min credit...I average bout 74 hrs a month. The few times I've bid up to 85-90 hrs I end up with 16-17 off. If you live in base and don't care about commutability, you can basically pick and choose your days off. (Not including Xmas, July 4th,etc..)

Yep. My first line had 19 off. Now that is with bidding min credit...I average bout 74 hrs a month. The few times I've bid up to 85-90 hrs I end up with 16-17 off. If you live in base and don't care about commutability, you can basically pick and choose your days off. (Not including Xmas, July 4th,etc..)

Wow that is awesome! I live in Chicago, how do you think the commute would be to LAX? I've about had it with my regional and I'm thinking Virgin sounds like a great atmosphere with nice people. I think I'd rather commute and be happy then get stuck somewhere with disgruntled employees. I applied yesterday and got all the hr questions right away. Wasn't expecting that.

Latest resources

Back