• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL...this time lets keep it about QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One still has to do the math on VX......10 new planes total coming in '15 and '16. I believe they will replace the 10 319's. Cush stated he isn't crazy about those planes due to less seating. No growth until 2020.

One still has to do the math on VX......10 new planes total coming in '15 and '16. I believe they will replace the 10 319's. Cush stated he isn't crazy about those planes due to less seating. No growth until 2020.

That replacement thing is still only a rumor. Nothing confirmed for right now. DC has stated a lot of things, and many don't happen.

Yeah, nothing will change for 7 years here. Alaska will ratify this ta, and start negotiating on a new one and we will still be at 53 aircraft. No new routes, nothing. Give me a break. If that is the case, we will be out of business. McLeod wants more airplanes now I am sure. I dont think anything will be announced until ipo is set for early 2014. Then something will be announced just before the ipo to help gain steam going in. That is my thoughts only.

Last edited:
Yeah, nothing will change for 7 years here. Alaska will ratify this ta, and start negotiating on a new one and we will still be at 53 aircraft. No new routes, nothing. Give me a break. If that is the case, we will be out of business. McLeod wants more airplanes now I am sure. I dont think anything will be announced until ipo is set for early 2014. Then something will be announced just before the ipo to help gain steam going in. That is my thoughts only.

With limited growth, I guess I'd expect some of the Virgin pilots to be looking over at faster-growing Spirit. I hear the cans of wine are exceptional at Spirit (2013 vintage). :laugh::p

I would never chase an upgrade at the LCC level, no matter how green the grass appears on the other side. Unless VX tanks, I wouldn't apply to JetBlue or Spirit now that I'm already here.

David said last week that the leases on the 319s are still good for another five years. Also said that if the IPO happens look for the deferred orders to be "sped up" and most likely be A321s in the 2017-2019 time frame. He stated specifically that he thinks the airline needs to have 100-120 airplanes to be viable and thinks it will happen by 2020 (pending the IPO).

David said last week that the leases on the 319s are still good for another five years. Also said that if the IPO happens look for the deferred orders to be "sped up" and most likely be A321s in the 2017-2019 time frame. He stated specifically that he thinks the airline needs to have 100-120 airplanes to be viable and thinks it will happen by 2020 (pending the IPO).

You've got a cart/horse conundrum going on here. He needs an IPO to get the number of aircraft to be viable... and he needs to be viable to IPO. Best of luck, seriously. If I was applying to Virgin right now, I wouldn't be counting on rapid upgrades due to orders being sped up. They just don't have the money without a successful IPO. Not sure if they'll hold onto their current A319's. They might, but their latest strategy appears to be drop capacity and up fares.

http://centreforaviation.com/analys...assenger-praise-and-zero-profitability-111318

You've got a cart/horse conundrum going on here. He needs an IPO to get the number of aircraft to be viable... and he needs to be viable to IPO. Best of luck, seriously. If I was applying to Virgin right now, I wouldn't be counting on rapid upgrades due to orders being sped up. They just don't have the money without a successful IPO. Not sure if they'll hold onto their current A319's. They might, but their latest strategy appears to be drop capacity and up fares.

http://centreforaviation.com/analys...assenger-praise-and-zero-profitability-111318

Another schizofrenic writer. In the same article he says we price too high and we price too low. Also, he is trying to use public company financial goals to judge a private company. We should know in the next couple months how 2q2013 went. CFO hinted at net profit a month ago. Hopefully it comes to fuition.

Latest resources

Back