• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did the assessment about two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. I'm taking it as a "no".

The thing is that I suck at word problems. Always have, they fry my brain. "If jack is 2 years older than jane and she is 5 times younger than Will, what color car does bob drive?" :confused:

The last airline I worked for didn't have word problems, they had visual orientation and physics/motion problems during the interview written as well as ATP questions. You know, stuff that a pilot should be good at. Now those I can do. If they want to sum me up by using word problems than have at it, I guess that's how they shrink the pack. I hope the math wiz with no decision making skills or flight skills does an awesome job for them.

Not bitter, just looking for a different life in aviation.

I'm sure I passed the pych test but then again they would think I was crazy that I would literally take a $100,000 pay cut to work there. :nuts: And that I would never, even at the top of their pay scale, make what I make now. Yeah, I guess that does sound unstable. Plus, if they really are stopping their hiring next month for over a year+ what's the point of sitting at the bottom of that list on reserve. Might give it a go in 2013, or realize that money is more important than happiness.

Just heard VX still has a pool of 40 to drain (~ 8 a month) so that is why no interviews for three months or so. We are still short, still need new hires for the foreseeable future (supposedly)

SO as the other thread has said VX is taking their normal summer break then resuming interviewing in August?

That's what I was told by somebody over there.

I also discovered that if you fail the Previsor (which there really is no way of knowing as they don't tell you) you can take it again after 1 year. If you update your application during that one year period you'll get another previsor to take, but even if you pass it, you'll still have to wait until a year from the original date of failure and then take it again. Of course, that was just my experience, YMMV.

That's what I was told by somebody over there.

I also discovered that if you fail the Previsor (which there really is no way of knowing as they don't tell you) you can take it again after 1 year. If you update your application during that one year period you'll get another previsor to take, but even if you pass it, you'll still have to wait until a year from the original date of failure and then take it again. Of course, that was just my experience, YMMV.

I passed the Previsor tested and was contacted in about 48 hours for an interview. Unfortunately my wife had surgery during the interview dates so I had to pass. Now I am just waiting for them to interview again so I can get on the list.

You would be miserable here, it is for the best that you stay at your high paying job. Best wishes!:rolleyes:

Don't mind him.....He's at Netjets, and apparently hates it there too... Said he's working on his exit strategy.. apparently Virgin didn't work out for him...

Oh and he hates old people taking his left seat spot...... And since upgrades are too long at Netjets, it is not worth it for anyone to work there if they hope to someday upgrade.

Don't mind him.....He's at Netjets, and apparently hates it there too... Said he's working on his exit strategy.. apparently Virgin didn't work out for him...

Oh and he hates old people taking his left seat spot...... And since upgrades are too long at Netjets, it is not worth it for anyone to work there if they hope to someday upgrade.

Ha! He is tired of the 7&7 I see. Sorry cldsfr79, this old guy is hogging 'your' left seat spot here at Virgin. Best wishes in your future endeavors.

Latest resources

Back