• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh. The story I heard was one was interviewed and then afterwards it was discovered the applicant had no ATP and was turned down.

That may have been another but there is definitely one who is online. Actually there are two I know of. One has been here a few years now, great guy, the other a new hire and a little tough to get along with. Not knocking either of them just commenting it wasn't a hard and fast rule. Of course that could change as a result of our newest members attitude in the cockpit.

We'll see.

Moving on------

Oh ok. In the past, (even back when the mins were 5000TT 1000TPIC) I heard there was a couple guys who made it in with much less than that, and one without an ATP. Could be the same individual you mentioned that has been here a few years.

What happens after doing an assessment and then not hearing anything for a long time? Is there a set number of times to retest or a time limit? I didn't notice one but I didn't search very hard either.

That's a good question, but I believe if you don't pass then you don't really hear anything for a long time. The ones who pass get an email with a questionaire in it. I've heard if one fails, they have to wait one year to re-apply, but others have stated that when they update online, there is a link to take the test, so they do it again. I suppose if it gives you an option to take the assessment again after updating, then it may be worth doing it again.

There has been lots of hiring that has continued from last year into May this year. After the last aircraft is on property this May, the hiring is suppose to trickle down to a near stop, hiring only for attrition of about 4 to 5 pilots per month.

I am wondering when the planes start to come again after the last one in May gets on property. I see where they have 60 on order but when do the flood gates open again?

From what I've heard, one comes in January, and then rest in Spring (May-ish?). Regular 30 A320s from 2013 to 2016 so about 7 per year, and then 30 NEOs from 2016-2019, again about 7 per year. All of this could change depending on the economy, cost of gas, etc.

According to David Cush, we get our last one in May/June time and then the next one won't be until Sept of 13 and it will be the first to have the Sharklets. We will most likely get the Neo's mid 15 if the LeapX engine/flt trials complete early.

More could show up if the gas/economy change. Only time will tell, but should be enough time to mature our routes, make our profit goals and IPO.
:cool:

According to David Cush, we get our last one in May/June time and then the next one won't be until Sept of 13 and it will be the first to have the Sharklets. We will most likely get the Neo's mid 15 if the LeapX engine/flt trials complete early.

More could show up if the gas/economy change. Only time will tell, but should be enough time to mature our routes, make our profit goals and IPO.
:cool:

Tomct,

Last pilot call quoted MB saying our last a/c coming in Jan 2013. Then a break until Sept, unless things have changed more recently than the pilot call.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back