Virgin America Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snaab

I was interested what the hiring window looks like for the near future at Virgin America. How long is it taking for guys to get offered an interview after submitting the application and assessment? What's been competitive? Do internal rec's help much? Finally, how is the assessment scored?

I'm very much interested in learning more. Thanks very much. I applied yesterday.

There has been lots of hiring that has continued from last year into May this year. After the last aircraft is on property this May, the hiring is suppose to trickle down to a near stop, hiring only for attrition of about 4 to 5 pilots per month. After you submit the assessment, it will be hand-graded. Most people would hear within one month if they passed, and wouldn't hear anything if they didn't pass.

Competitive is anyone's guess, but if you have an ATP and 4000TT, you're fair game, even without internal recs. As of right now, the key to getting the interview is passing the online assessment. It doesn't matter how many internal recs you have, HR is steadfast on you passing the online test first. I'm not sure what kind of scoring criteria they use for the assessment. Obviously, the math/thinking questions are either right or wrong, since only one answer choice is correct. I do not know how the personality profile is scored or graded.

any idea how long it takes to hear anything either way from VX after the interview?

It used to be within a week. 6-7 days from the interview you either got the good news (drug test email) or thanks but no thanks email. From what I hear, one of the pilot HR ladies left the company and things are taking a little bit longer than normal.

ATP not required and if you have a rec from the sfo base chief pilots brother, your in like flynn.

Last edited:
Fubitool will be here to give you her opinion of Virgin in 3...2...1...

Latest resources

Back