• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America hangs as its hedge fund owners get antsy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very tough talk for a guy that's been flying for 4 years. Enjoy your vacation. :rolleyes:

I will enjoy my vacation. Many guys on here know who I am and I'm not scared to acknowledge that. I come from a family of attorneys (my grand dad, and Dad) and they are appalled at the wages we get paid now. I am as well, and as long as we have guys willing to accept Vaginal America wages it will never get better.

I'm out....

I will enjoy my vacation. Many guys on here know who I am and I'm not scared to acknowledge that. I come from a family of attorneys (my grand dad, and Dad) and they are appalled at the wages we get paid now. I am as well, and as long as we have guys willing to accept Vaginal America wages it will never get better.

What do you get paid at the regional you work at again? LOL...Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

What do you get paid at the regional you work at again? LOL...Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

Bwhahahahaha. good argument. Vaginal America wages are worse than horrible. I will make more money than your mom and she's pretty hot for an older women. It's the kinky she does that earns her the $$$$.

Bwhahahahaha. good argument. Vaginal America wages are worse than horrible. I will make more money than your mom and she's pretty hot for an older women. It's the kinky she does that earns her the $$$$.

Vaginal America...

Make more money than my Mom....

WOW. You got me GOOD there. Man I have no idea how ANYONE could ever top that. Man that was AWESOME. Real zingers there! lol

It won't be a sad day for this industry to see the virgin go under. It has done nothing but lower the bar for compensation since its inception. Unfortunately it is yet another glaring example of how pilots will flock to the first company that will hire them regardless of pay, benefits, and representation. Or maybe it's just an example of the type of pilot willing to help this industry spiral further downward.

Just trying to feed your family, right? How about thinking beyond the tip of your nose and realize that you not only hurt everyone else in this industry, you ultimately hurt your own future.

Good riddance to va I hope.

I find it amusing how a 28 airplane operation seems to spell disaster for the entire industry. Seriously. Do 280 pilots REALLY have that much power?

I find it amusing how a 28 airplane operation seems to spell disaster for the entire industry. Seriously. Do 280 pilots REALLY have that much power?

JB pilots used to say the same thing, and look what JB has done to the industry.

Don't blame me tho, I was one of the 646.

You should probably mention that you work at Virgin......

A 28 airplane operation is probably not disaster for the entire industry. But it can trash yields in select city pairs that might otherwise have been profitable during times where every penny might count.

The problem is that Virgin America enters markets with labor subsidized low fares and trashes yields for everyone. Don't believe me? Google "virgin america fare wars" without the quotes. Take a look at the dates of the articles. Don't forget to scroll through all the pages because they go farther than just the first page that pops up.

After having looked at what came up when you did your Google search, do you think what Virgin America was/is doing is good or bad for the health of the industry? Do you think that is what the industry needed at the time or currently needs now? When you look at that list of articles that pop up on Google, do you think what you are reading is good for the pilots of the airlines that have to compete with those labor subsidized low fares..... or is it bad?

And that's just with the 28 airplanes you mention. How much longer does that Google list get with 50 airplanes? 100? 150 airplanes? Do you suggest we not learn from history? Should we not worry until you have 150 A320's?

Certainly you can understand the concerns many of us have about a rapidly growing airline that by every measure underpays their Airbus pilots and tends to undercut every market they enter in order to steal market share?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back