• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America hangs as its hedge fund owners get antsy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTW... overhead is not higher... it's actually a lot cheaper. Fewer facilities, lower worker wages, newer airplanes with lower maint. costs, and I could go on... Just like JetBlue is able to operate cheaper than say UAL, DAL, AA etc... lower overhead is in part a reason. Granted that was an extreme oversimplification, but so was your question.

I find it hysterical that somebody by the name 'britpilot' is arguing against foreign ownership. Let not your heart be troubled, VA will fail. You said so right? Of course you couldn't be wrong could you?

Why don't you make fun of VA's uniforms now? Haven't seen that in a while. Anybody?

I hope that attitude doesn't come across at your next interview.......maybe get Kit Darby to help your resume ------ whoops nevermind :eek:

OK, you caught us!

Sir Richard sent us over on holiday to drink your beer and shag your women.

The beer is terrible and the women, while easy, are shabby.

Time to go back to civilisation, our apologies for upsetting your narrow minded sensibilities.

We will leave now.....

/S

You are so right. It's obviously a sham. You are so smart, obviously you belong in government work as you could have saved the industry from the 'sham' that is VA. But then again, it doesn't matter right? They can't make money, and will fail. So then, why do you care? Go on to the next subject to 'wow' us on your knowledge, experience, and superior intellect.

So much anger there little man, seek help.

OK, you caught us!

Sir Richard sent us over on holiday to drink your beer and shag your women.

The beer is terrible and the women, while easy, are shabby.

Time to go back to civilisation, our apologies for upsetting your narrow minded sensibilities.

We will leave now.....

/S

Enjoy civilization in the UK, you can speak Pakistani can't you?:eek:

Last edited:
I hope VA pulls through...

LOTS and I mean LOTS of good guys over there from ALPA carriers.

Think GENTLEMEN before you speak!

I find it hysterical that somebody by the name 'britpilot' is arguing against foreign ownership. Let not your heart be troubled, VA will fail. You said so right? Of course you couldn't be wrong could you?

No I did not say VA will fail, do you have trouble with reading? Dyslexia perhaps?
My heart is not troubled but thanks for your concern.
"Britpilot" is a name, you are correct there, well done, however, it is not my Nationality. I am glad that you enjoyed the irony little man.:D

How can you charge reduced prices when you have a higher overhead cost? The airplanes are not as fuel efficient, the in flight entertainment system is heavy and costly, and VA is in and out of some of the most expensive airports. The only way you can provide "reduced prices" is to pay less to your employees. Have fun.

Hey GB,
Pretty sure our airbi are as fuel efficient or darn close to ur ng737's....i know they are way more fuel efficient than ur -400s...

As for as RED being heavy and costly....I'm sure the added weight is costing some $$$ but other than that being able to watch sports center commuting to work....priceless!

As for less pay for the employees...I will make more money my first 5 years at VA than I would at Alaska.

Cheers.
Q4GB

Oh I just love it when the name calling begins... "little man", "seek help". LOVE IT! :)

Latest resources

Back