• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America cleared to fly!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey TC nice picture of the Air Willy whistle-pig thats going back a few years..

Falcon--The next one will be an Iowa Airways E110. :D

Ralph--When were you at Willie? I was based in FWA in '88. Great company but the AW v. MVA smackdown every friggin trip was too much to handle. TC

Falcon--The next one will be an Iowa Airways E110. :D

Ralph--When were you at Willie? I was based in FWA in '88. Great company but the AW v. MVA smackdown every friggin trip was too much to handle. TC

I am a Mudder. MVA 5/80, went to RIC in '86, then ACA on April Fool's day '93 flying the Dash 8. Was flying the bus for Indy when it died. Did you ever fly east coast for willie?

Exactly.

Plenty of bastards who will fly for them and let them thrive. It's one thing to scab your airline, making it difficult for the pilots of your airline to maintain or improve their quality of life. Another thing to support an airline that will essentially make it difficult for every pilot everywhere to maintain and improve their quality of life/standard of living.

Good job. So where are these VA pilots coming from? If they ever want to call in a union, f*ck 'em. They had their chance.

This is the most idiotic post I've read here in months. According to your flawed logic, a person should not seek a job to feed his own family so that other nameless pilots whom he's never met can enjoy less competition. Brilliant.

TC is pretty spot-on about guys going to VA, especially if they get hired in directly as CA's.

Not to say that 9/11 or the resultant furloughs was ALPA's fault (although they've dropped the ball in about 100 other areas since then), but if a guy got booted to the street and had no other job offers except a CA slot at VA, or even an F/O slot with an upgrade less than 1 year, do you REALLY expect him/her to stay on the street or at a crappy regional making $55 an hour as an RJ CA?

Yeah, right...

I wouldn't go to work there for those wages, not to mention the unknowns of trip construction, commutability, overnights, days off, etc.

Like someone else said, the only thing that really matters to me at this point is stability (so I'm not in the same boat as some of these guys), pay, and QOL (commutability and days off with family). Period.

These guys aren't taking anyone else's flying, they're not taking people's jobs, they're not Scabbing. They're U.S. Citizens working in this country for a Part 121 carrier.

Do I like that it increases capacity? Nope. Do I like that the pay is going to be on the low side of Pax 121 carriers? Nope. Do I feel it necessary to persecute the pilots for it?

Nope.

Might want to take a look in the mirror and see what YOU would do if you were suddenly unemployed. I went to a crap-hole regional that I SWORE I'd never work for, albeit as a Street CA, but went nonetheless. That's my low point in aviation. So, having been there, I can certainly understand where these people are coming from.

Your mileage may vary.

Latest resources

Back