Virgin America cleared to fly!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are we talking about Virgins????

and they want to know if you will pay for your type rating....

I answered "yes" just to waste their time and enjoy laughing out loud when they call.

Are we still talking about Virgin, or SWA?

Luv

He's got more experience than you can ever dream of having.

Too bad ALPA F'ed him out of a career. 90% of the people here can't hold a candle to him as an aviator or a person.

ALPA ran and hid.

Huh - Are you for real? Those are some big words. Care to fill us all in on how 90% of us can't "hold a candle to him?" I didn't know Jesus was a pilot...

Baja.

BTW - I DO agree with a national boycott of jumpseats. Companies like this are HURTING us all!!!

Couple of questions:

Doesn't SWA have enough cash in the bank to start a major price war over SFO routes? Something that VA couldn't afford?

Anyone else wonder why all these cheap startups are all getting Airbus products? Are they still giving away free planes?

Lastly, anyone know precisely what the pay rates are yet, to some degree?

Last edited:
Couple of questions:

Doesn't SWA have enough cash in the bank to start a major price war over SFO routes? Something that VA couldn't afford?

Anyone else wonder why all these cheap startups are all getting Airbus products? Are they still giving away free planes?

Lastly, anyone know precisely what the pay rates are yet, to some degree?

I doubt WN cares much. The business they lose will be nominal. They will sit back and laugh as the legacies drop fares to compete for business on the transcons.

I welcome these guys in the market place. When DL charges $600+ to ride in the back of a SW/ASA RJ from SLC to SFO you know the market is ripe for some new blood. From what I have heard, Virgin has chenged their route stategy and in addition to the transcons, they will go vertical up and down the coast as well.

Little amazing to all you die hard union guys, your favorite California Dem's, Finestein and Boxer went overboard to get Virgin up and running ASAP. I suspect that with all those terminal 2 gates at SFO sitting idle, someone was going to pay to play in this market. SWA and Virgin should do well and as for UAL and others, it will simply be one more blow to the bottom line.

As for holding off on the jump seats, proably a little short sighted at this time and place. These guys will get big in a hurry and they may be the best ride in town by the time they get up and going in a yaer or two.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back