• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America - April 14th class.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the history of VA firing pilots and self disclosing operational deviations in such a way that the pilots take the enforcement heat?

Without a union to restrain them I would be very, very, very, careful.

Forget contracts for a minute (because it is more difficult to get a job at Alaska and takes longer to upgrade), I'm talking keeping your record clean enough to get another job after Virgin should you need to.

There are two certificates that fly when you operate the jet. Yours and the Company's. At some airlines you can count on the Company doing everything possible to ensure any operational irregularity goes on the Pilot's and not the Company's Certificate.

Virgin looks like fun, but when you really think about it - nah, I would not do it.

Last edited:
What is the history of VA firing pilots and self disclosing operational deviations in such a way that the pilots take the enforcement heat?

I dunno, just shooting from the hip here, but news travels fast. Especially in the airline industry. If this happened enough times or even once, I would think, IMHO, that the pilots would get pissed off enough and work on getting a union on the property. Ok now discuss...........

Last edited:
Yeah they're a bunch of real stand up guys...one of them(JJR) denied the jumpseat to our guy this past week. I'll take the high road on this and let it speak for itself. Hopefully he is in the minority!

As an Alaska Pilot, please accept my apology for that dumbAss Capt. Every carrier has something wrong with it. I've got enough problems where I work to bother wasting my time pointing out where I believe VX is failing it's pilots. Frankly it's none of my business and isn't my problem.

99.9% of AS pilots are grown ups and wouldn't dream of using the jumpseat to send a pointless message. Sorry again.

As an Alaska Pilot, please accept my apology for that dumbAss Capt. Every carrier has something wrong with it. I've got enough problems where I work to bother wasting my time pointing out where I believe VX is failing it's pilots. Frankly it's none of my business and isn't my problem.

99.9% of AS pilots are grown ups and wouldn't dream of using the jumpseat to send a pointless message. Sorry again.
Thank you for that. I can assure you the discussion here is that this is not the norm from you guys and retalliation is absolutely out of the question. Again thanks and the best to you and the 99.9!

Forget contracts for a minute (because it is more difficult to get a job at Alaska and takes longer to upgrade), I'm talking keeping your record clean enough to get another job after Virgin should you need to.

There are two certificates that fly when you operate the jet. Yours and the Company's. At some airlines you can count on the Company doing everything possible to ensure any operational irregularity goes on the Pilot's and not the Company's Certificate.

Virgin looks like fun, but when you really think about it - nah, I would not do it.

That is exactly what has been happening..... Buyer beware......

I have been working here since 2006 and I have no clue what you are referring to in your post. Please enlighten me with details...no generalities.

Latest resources

Back