Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Virgin sucks.

No, not really.

Have you worked for Evergreen? I loved my two years there. I got to experience wide body international ops. I got to see parts of the world I would have never been to otherwise. I don't regret my time at EZ at all. Yes they are going through a tough time at the moment but that doesn't negate that there are some great guys crewing their planes. I take it you have always worked for "blue chip" companies?

Virgin sucks.

This thread isn't about who "sucks" and who doesnt. If you like the place you work then more power to you. There are many places that I have no interest in working but I don't feel the need to tell them how much their company "sucks." If you dont like Virgin then never apply here. It's just that simple.:)

Last edited:
Have you worked for Evergreen? I loved my two years there. I got to experience wide body international ops. I got to see parts of the world I would have never been to otherwise. I don't regret my time at EZ at all. Yes they are going through a tough time at the moment but that doesn't negate that there are some great guys crewing their planes. I take it you have always worked for "blue chip" companies?

I was on your side man take it easy. :beer:

Last edited:
double post

Last edited:
I was on your side man take it easy. :beer:

Sorry. When someone said Virgin was better then Evergreen and you said "no not really." It just seemed that with everyone always trashing Evergreen you were trashing Virgin. Also my reply was really for johnsonrod.

I'll get the next round. :beer:

Sorry. When someone said Virgin was better then Evergreen and you said "no not really." It just seemed that with everyone always trashing Evergreen you were trashing Virgin. Also my reply was really for johnsonrod.

I'll get the next round. :beer:

Hey, don't get me wrong. I think going to Evergreen, flying the Whale and seeing the world for a few years before bolting is the way to go. I have a friend at Evergreen now and he is looking for an exit. I don't know much about Virgin America but I do know you can upgrade much faster there than you could at JB (not surprising).

Hey, don't get me wrong. I think going to Evergreen, flying the Whale and seeing the world for a few years before bolting is the way to go. I have a friend at Evergreen now and he is looking for an exit. I don't know much about Virgin America but I do know you can upgrade much faster there than you could at JB (not surprising).

This is true. By no means is Evergreen a career stop for most people. As for JetBlue and Virgin I have a lot of friends at JB that love it. They are also quick to point out that its no where near the same getting hired there now as it was a few years ago.
As for Virgin of course it is always a higher risk going to work for an upstart. That being said its virtually impossible to go through the interview process, get to know the people and the operation, and come away not being extremely excited about the opportunity to fly there.
Are we the highest paid Airbus pilots in the industry? No. But the pilots here are some of the happiest Airbus pilots in the industry.
There is a HUGE upside to this company. I honestly believe that Virgin is a great place to be and the future looks awesome!

I had a MAXJET F/O on my j/s.He was saying the exact same thing 2 weeks before shutting down.
Not wishing ill to you guys ,don't get me wrong.but i stopped bieliving in airline managements many log books ago.becareful with the kool aid.

Latest resources

Back