Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Video of Congressional Hearings. Watch This!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like Babbit has morphed into a double-talking boy of the airline CEOs. The ATA and RAA reps were stuttering tools. The college pilot-mill rep was just trying to justify the unjustifiable.

Prater and Skiles were the only ones that spoke directly and unambigously.

It remains to be seen what "owns" the US Congress and FAA, air safety or the corporate execs.

Skiles made the guy from Riddle look like an idiot. Hopefully some good legislation will come of this, but I'm not holding my breath. I was hoping someone would ask if all those instructors at Riddle were wasting their time flying around doing the same thing every day.....

Where was the commute discussion? What was being said by who?

1:38.00 by Mr. Costello. That's as far as I got, more after dinner.

I thought it was a really good hearing. Like Prater or not, he got some excellent points in, and he "named some names," to the tune of Colgan, Pinnacle, and TSA and their punitive treatment of pilots calling in sick and/or fatigued. I'm glad ALPA had a seat at that table and the rule making table.

Dr. Brady I think came across as very self serving. He acted as if the ERAU's and UND's of the world would be going out of business if ATP mins became a new standard for sitting as a F/O on a RJ. Funny how them seemed to survive just fine when 2000-3000 hours was the "de facto" minimum for a commuter pilot job back in the day. He also seemed to imply that if you give a new pilot great training, there's no need for any additional experience before strapping on a RJ.

I thought it was a really good hearing. Like Prater or not, he got some excellent points in, and he "named some names," to the tune of Colgan, Pinnacle, and TSA and their punitive treatment of pilots calling in sick and/or fatigued. I'm glad ALPA had a seat at that table and the rule making table.

Dr. Brady I think came across as very self serving. He acted as if the ERAU's and UND's of the world would be going out of business if ATP mins became a new standard for sitting as a F/O on a RJ. Funny how them seemed to survive just fine when 2000-3000 hours was the "de facto" minimum for a commuter pilot job back in the day. He also seemed to imply that if you give a new pilot great training, there's no need for any additional experience before strapping on a RJ.

Damn right. I watched the whole thing this afternoon. Loved it. Prater seemed to get some balls naming names then saying "Do you want me to keep going? I can. I have a whole book of detailed instances where pilots have been punished for calling in sick or fatigued".

Dr Brady is such a goober. I wish someone had brought up the fact that 10 years ago you needed 3000 hours for an interview and now its 300...yet 10 years ago all the universities were doing fine.

Latest resources

Back