• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always new that CAL pilots couldn't spell. hehehe

Time for someone to buy a dictionary, or just use spell checker! LOL

www.dictionary.com

new adjective, -er, -est, adverb, noun
–adjective 1.of recent origin, production, purchase, etc.; having but lately come or been brought into being: a new book.

know1 verb, knew, known, know·ing, noun
–verb (used with object) 1.to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty: I know the situation fully.

Look, anyone that goes for the 2 year upgrade is STUPID!! You'll upgrade on your 2nd year and die your 3rd. That's why it's SO JUNIOR!!! But whatever, go for it so I can move up.

10 years to break even? I think you just stuck one thumb up your arse and used the other thumb to test which direction the wind was going and said...."yep, sounds like 10 years". What kind of bs statement is that?

Let's see...12 days off at 60% 756 (until Sep) at about $74/hr (due to PBS Splat) or 12 days off at $144/hr....not as stupid as you think. FYI, some of those 2 year captains won't even be on reserve.

The main reason it is soo junior is for a 8 year f/o to switch he is only gaining $20/ an hour or so. No reason to give up quality of life for that little extra. For a "junior" f/o it is double. If it was a much bigger disparity then you would see many more senior people do it.

Last edited:
Some of the 2 year guys won't be on reserve? Name one.....just one. I'll give you all the money in my wallet......$2 bucks to be exact. It's all QOL issues, that's all I'm saying. Ya, blended 737 rate of 144/hr would be really nice, but you are going to work your ass off. I have a 737 Captain in my crashpad and he is going to downbid to 777 FO. That says it all.

I don't know what kind of math you used to figure a break even point, but I was a 9 year RJ Captain, and I will make the same amount or more this year overall with CAL as I did my last year at ASA. Granted I am Guam based, but that only speeds things up by about a year and a half, and again, that is not considering the faster upgrade.

I remember right after I was hired at CAL some XJT pilots were contemlating, on another forum, whether to bite the bullet and come on over or to stay at XJT. One recent transfer pilot wrote a list of something like 47 reasons why he likes CAL better than XJT.

I have to say, I agreed with every single reason. But it would have only taken two to sway me. I can't remember which two they were.... one was the lav in the front of the plane, I remember that one.

Point is, there are sooooooo many compelling reasons one can make in order to justify the initial pain of coming over to CAL from XJT, but there are few if any reasons to stay at XJT. Not slight to XJT, I was there for over 9 yrs and have many friends still on property. and I repsect their decisions to stay. But the opportunity to improve your life, PBS aside, is far greater at CAL. The adage that it will take 5-8 years to make up the difference is just not true. I am in my 3rd year and make more now than I made as a line pilot at XJT. When I upgrade my pay will literally double.

I for one am glad I made the move. That first year was painful, and I am still sore from it. But it's all about the long-run in this business. Wether it's CAL, NW, DAL or UAL, if one ever leaves their beloved regional carrier to fly the bigger iron, thefinancial/ QOL pain will always be there in those initial years. I just figured it was best to get it out of the way now rather than later. I mean, 9 yrs was enough.

I don't know what kind of math you used to figure a break even point, but I was a 9 year RJ Captain, and I will make the same amount or more this year overall with CAL as I did my last year at ASA. Granted I am Guam based, but that only speeds things up by about a year and a half, and again, that is not considering the faster upgrade.

People who claim it will take forever to recoup their lost salary either haven't done the math or are looking for a plausible sounding justification for not taking the job.

You'll have made back every penny shortly after the begining of your fourth year. right after the begining of your third year if you take the upgrade.

I like you....

Look, anyone that goes for the 2 year upgrade is STUPID!! You'll upgrade on your 2nd year and die your 3rd. That's why it's SO JUNIOR!!! But whatever, go for it so I can move up.

10 years to break even? I think you just stuck one thumb up your arse and used the other thumb to test which direction the wind was going and said...."yep, sounds like 10 years". What kind of bs statement is that?

You know what, Stuart.... I like you! You're not like the other people, here-in the trailer park....
Oh no, no-don't get me wrong, Stuart....they're fine people, they're good Americans.... But they're content sit back, maybe watch a little Mork and Mindy on channel 57.. Maybe kick back a cool Coors 16-ouncer.. They're good, fine people, Stuart...but they don't know what the queers are doing to the soil!

You know that Johnny Werzner kid-the kid who delivers papers in the neighborhood? He's a fine kid... Some of the neighbors say he smokes crack, but I don't believe that.... Anyway, for his 10th birthday all he wanted was a burrow owl, just like his old man..... "Dad, get me a burrow owl, and I'll never ask for anything else as long as I live!" So the guy breaks down and buys the kid a burrow owl... Anyway, 10:30 the other night I go out into my yard and there's the Werzner kid looking up into a tree..... I say "What are you looking for?" He said, "I'm looking for my burrow owl." I say "Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick!! Everybody knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground!! Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway!?" Now, Stuart, do you think a kid like that is going to know what the queers are doing to the soil?

I first became aware of all this about 10 years ago, the summer my oldest boy, Bill Jr. died. You know that carnival that comes to town every year? Well-this year it came with a ride they called "the Mixer." The man said "Keep your head and arms inside "the Mixer" at all times." But Bill Jr., he was a daredevil! Just like his old man!! He was leaning out and yelling "Hey everybody! Look at me, look at me!" POW! He was decapitated!!! They found his head over by the snowcone concession..... A few days after that, I open up the mail and there is this phamphlet in there from Pueblo, Colodaro-it's addressed to Bill Jr. and it's entitled "Do you know what the queers are doing to the soil?"

Now, Stuart, if you look at the soil around any large U.S. City with a big underground homosexual population-Des Moines, Iowa-perfect example.... Just look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart.... You can't build on it, you can't grow anything in it! The government says its due to poor farming.... But I know what's really going on, Stuart..... It's the queers! They're in it with the aliens! They're building landing strips for gay Martians!! I swear to God!!!

You know what Stuart, I like you.... You're not like the other people-here... in the trailer park......

What time is Mork and Mindy on?

Latest resources

Back