Various Continental Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You Got It!

I remember this from a long time ago, but forget who it is. Black Flag? Primus perhaps? God forbid I'm right and Pocono actually has kick @$$ taste in music!

Yeah, man-

I think we have actually found something cool about Pocono! Only really cool people know about "Stuart." In fact, Chuck Norris introduced me to that song-you gotta be cool and tough to dig it, but Chuck and I defintely have those bases covered!

-Chuck Norris is so tough, he wipes his butt with plywood!

Stupid, eh?
Let's see, I fly 95-100 hrs per month for the last 5 months (I don't pick up anything, just trade). I haven't had the contractural 12 days off in 4 months (training of some sort every month!). Tell me again how my life is going to be much worse by flying CA than it is now? The only other option to me was to bid the TRIPLE, which I did, to get 18 days off per month. Unfortunately, I put my bid in at 80% for the 777. Initially the snap shot showed I'd easily hold it at that. But when the bid came out my percentage dropped to 85 so I wasn't even able to hold 777 where I wanted. A lot of guys changed their bid to 777 FO at the last minute. Even if I made it over there I would barely hold a line. But I'm not upset at all by getting 73 CA.

Unless you're inside 40% on any subbase as an FO at CAL, you're getting killed by PBS. Might as well get paid to get brutalized by flying as PIC until PBS gets the axe (which it eventually will).

Flying on reserve when we upgrade will be no different for us than for the guys who have been flying on rsv this past summer... brutal. They have been putting up with it for a year. We will have to do the same until we gain seniority. That's the game we're all in. No surprise there.

But I guess I'm just stupid, eh Genius?

Don't look for any relief in the next contract. The MEC Negotiating Committee chairman has been offered and accepted a management position. That position? Manager of Pilot Labor Relations. Looks like he'll be negotiating against the union now.

First this guy is the worste negotiator e
Don't look for any relief in the next contract. The MEC Negotiating Committee chairman has been offered and accepted a management position. That position? Manager of Pilot Labor Relations. Looks like he'll be negotiating against the union now.

First off this guy is the worste negotiator ever so lets take advantage. Second if we dont like the contract that comes out then VOTE NO. It is pretty simple really the "company oportunists" are retiring and the guys coming in are from express, Comair who struck for 3 months, Mesaba multiple contract fights, asa enough said, and places like that. It is our chance to show the "opportunists" that it works great for me doesn't work here any more. Lets keep them honest and vote the right way, no more being victims we are in charge of our own fate. End of rant thanks for listening.

First off this guy is the worste negotiator ever so lets take advantage.
Ya got a point there! He didn't do much for the pilots. Seems like he certainly got something in return for this from the company.

Second if we dont like the contract that comes out then VOTE NO.
I did, but it was only one vote.

It is our chance to show the "opportunists" that it works great for me doesn't work here any more.
Hope you're right, but what next "opportunist" is waiting in the wings to do the same thing as this one (or the one before, or the one before)?

Do all unions work like this? or just CAL?

The FORMER NC did this.

Not the current one.

Latest resources

Back