• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA Trial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"USAPA officials, who, like those on the America West side, declined to comment in advance of the trial, have maintained from the start that the arbitrator's decision was never final or binding and was just a proposal."

You've got to be kidding me, right?

"USAPA officials, who, like those on the America West side, declined to comment in advance of the trial, have maintained from the start that the arbitrator's decision was never final or binding and was just a proposal."

They think if they say it enough, it will be true.

Nope. Apparently their legal team honestly thinks seniority "lives in the contract and is negotiable like crewmeals " And yes. That was an exact quote.:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

It all depended on the outcome. It was only a proposal when they did not agree with the decision.

There you have it, no integrity.

Nope. Apparently their legal team honestly thinks seniority "lives in the contract and is negotiable like crewmeals " And yes. That was an exact quote.:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Unbelievable. I don't doubt you one second, I just find it incredible that they would proffer the idea in court that a final and binding seniority award is a proposal subject to negotiations.

My understanding is that the Judge made it perfectly clear that he does not buy in to that thinking. USAPA's attorneys got schooled in the arbitration and do not seem to have gotten any smarter. The latest I heard is that they fought very hard to prevent Bradford from having to testify. They were unseccessful and Bradford was ordered to appear in Phoenix.

Latest resources

Back