• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA sues some America West Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"THE East does not want the WEST jobs! You can not say the same in reverse. I don't know how to make that any more clear."

WRONG. There are some west that live in the East that would love to cut the commute. There's about the same number of West coast Easties that would love to do the same.

I've met one from SAN. He would be in the top 10 in PHX. Imagine....NEVER working a Holiday, Birthday, Anniversary again. NEVER having to pay for a crashpad or hotel room again. 31 Days of vacation pay, FULL pay for mechanicals, FULL pay for deadheads, IV (150%) Pay for fixing crew staffing probems, 125% pay for voluteering to help out, better 401K contributions, and West pay or better.......Well, that was when LCC was making money last fall. Nearly all of the new contract was done save for financials.

We are looking at YEARS of segregation. Too bad.

Fine lets say you are 100% correct and a huge number of East pilots want to come West. FENCE THEM OUT! usapa already stated the West could "name their fences"
Bottom line is, all i hear is rhetoric about how the East is stealing jobs, but the West is not willing to do the one thing that would stop it. Funny the East is willing. So who really wants who's jobs?

Glad you finally see the reason alpo was kicked off the property at USAir. Maybe there is some hope for you after all.

See ya!

are you saying that Alpa's mission was to screw Us Airways pilots?? That's a little dramatic is it not? Were Us Airways pilots not some of the highest compensated pilots in the industry for years? Did Alpa have any part in that? Will USAPA ever bring you top wages? You guys lost touch with reality... Emotion is more powerful than logic but eventually you have to face the facts, or just grow old and bitter...

Fine lets say you are 100% correct and a huge number of East pilots want to come West. FENCE THEM OUT! usapa already stated the West could "name their fences"
Bottom line is, all i hear is rhetoric about how the East is stealing jobs, but the West is not willing to do the one thing that would stop it. Funny the East is willing. So who really wants who's jobs?

The east IS trying to steal jobs. You are trying to expose 1600 or so AWA pilots to furloughs at the expense of west pilots such as yourself who were furloughed at the time of the merger. There is no getting around that fact Fr8mastr.... But you will continue to see things your way so this argument is futile....

I would love to be at the "trial". When the judge says, "Let's see if I understand you correctly Mr. Bradford. When a group of pilots stands united against a perceived threat, you call that racketeering. When you start an organization that purposely divides a pilot group, you call it a "union"?"

I think that the judge will see that the behavior of the named pilots, while foolish, is merely the price USAPA is paying for disenfranchising 1/2 the pilot group. Bullying is a major problem in schools and now in pilot groups. My guess is that the judge will throw out the case and recommend that USAPA try a different approach to carry out it's representational responsibilities.

I think Parker has as much culpability in the integration fiasco as anyone. He is allowing the acrimony to escalate to dangerous levels. He must bring the leaders of USAPA and AWAPPA together and force them to come up with a solution that ratchets down the rhetoric. It is his moral obligation to difuse potential problems before their effects spill over to innocents.

Why do I need a pillow to cry on when action is now the response to the WAR the EAST has created? Crying has served the EAST well in the short term(ALPA/Call Sign), but litigation will serve the West in the long run. As far as I know, Parker has a list and has accepted it, so the ball is in the EAST hands now!

I would love to be at the "trial". When the judge says, "Let's see if I understand you correctly Mr. Bradford. When a group of pilots stands united against a perceived threat, you call that racketeering. When you start an organization that purposely divides a pilot group, you call it a "union"?"

I think that the judge will see that the behavior of the named pilots, while foolish, is merely the price USAPA is paying for disenfranchising 1/2 the pilot group. Bullying is a major problem in schools and now in pilot groups. My guess is that the judge will throw out the case and recommend that USAPA try a different approach to carry out it's representational responsibilities.

I think Parker has as much culpability in the integration fiasco as anyone. He is allowing the acrimony to escalate to dangerous levels. He must bring the leaders of USAPA and AWAPPA together and force them to come up with a solution that ratchets down the rhetoric. It is his moral obligation to difuse potential problems before their effects spill over to innocents.

O.K, now I a little confused, looking at this from the outside, but 'what action' (a specific action), has USAPA taken/done so far that has 'disenfranchised' 1/2 the pilot group. Name a specific action that they have actually taken, or is it a 'perception that their future' actions and policies will disenfranchise someone???

And, also, I was not aware that the AWAPPA (whoever they are), was a legally elected (under U.S. law) as a negotiating/bargaining agent?? Do they have two unions at US Air?? Strange, as if you are not legally recognized, by law, you have NO authority to negotiate with the company, and further, if the company negotiates or deals with any such organization, they are in violation of the law. Can the AWA pilots have alpa deal with the company for them, because they prefer them???

Am I wrong somewhere in this??

PD

"name your fence?" Sure. with the Caveat that 85% of AMW get stapled.

Furlough fodder that virtually guarantees that no Eastinfection ever get furloughed...even guys that were on furlough when the snapshot was taken will have thousands of guys under them.

Never Ever happen. The sooner the lawsuits fly the better.

The east IS trying to steal jobs. You are trying to expose 1600 or so AWA pilots to furloughs at the expense of west pilots such as yourself who were furloughed at the time of the merger. There is no getting around that fact Fr8mastr.... But you will continue to see things your way so this argument is futile....

Attempting to place 2 year AWA pilots above some USAir pilots with 20 years of senority flying mainline aircraft at the time of the merger is an attempt by the east to steal jobs?

Perhaps if you had actual knowledge of the events you would be better prepared to less look a fool.

See ya!

even guys that were on furlough when the snapshot was taken will have thousands of guys under them.

What about those 20 year senority pilots that were not on furlough when the snapshot was taken that would have 2 year AWA pilots above them in senority?

See ya!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back