• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez, your ALPA rhetoric on every thread gets really old man.

Since you are so pro ALPA, care to explain the early strife in the NW, DL merger? Where is this eternal ALPA brotherhood of which you speak?

Sorry for the thread drift. No dog in the LCC fight. Good luck to all.

No dog in the LCC fight? Really? Where's your ALPA brotherhood?

Good ALPA pilots were dragged out of ALPA by a sham union bent on voiding the SLI binding arbitration they agreed too and you don't think you have a dog in this fight?

Besides your, who gives a rat's butt about what has happened to the AWA pilots, what about me attitude, aren't you in a merger, aren't you the minority pilot group, hasn't your pilot group defaulted to arbitration 26 times in a row to resolve seniority issues? You still don't think you have a dog in the fight? If you don't, then you're part of the problem.

bradford is going to soon realize that he's not legally allowed to represent ONLY the pilots that voted for USAPA.

Legally allowed?

People like vetrider clearly do not WANT to be represented. That is their choice. That can't be blamed on USAPA. Support your union or not. I think most of the 'AWA' posters on here are former Mesa FNG's that are realizing they aren't going to make CA on the 330 this year after all.

Last edited:
Legally allowed?

People like vetrider clearly do not WANT to be represented. That is their choice. That can't be blamed on USAPA. Support your union or not. I think most of the 'AWA' posters on here are former Mesa FNG's that are realizing they aren't going to make CA on the 330 this year after all.

Keep telling yourself that... here's the bottom line, nobody believes you. Don't insult our intelligence by your regurgitation of USAPA propaganda. Nic. Sticks. and Career Cancer is non-transferable.

Want your seniority back? Go to the Mojave and find it rotting away.

People like vetrider clearly do not WANT to be represented. That is their choice. That can't be blamed on USAPA.

Sorta like many out East threw themselves on the floor and cried when they didn't like the Nic award...and then they blamed ALPA and subsequently chose NOT to be represented by them? Is that what you mean?

I think most of the 'AWA' posters on here are former Mesa FNG's

Swing and a miss. Strike two, Pops. Not that many Mesa guys at AWA.

... realizing they aren't going to make CA on the 330 this year after all.

You guys and you're "big jet" syndrome. I bet you drive a Corvette and color your hair. The vast majority of the West guys are QOL motivated. If the 330s aren't based West of the Mississippi, only a handful of guys would even consider it. Unlike the large number of East guys who are savoring over the opportunity to shorten their miserable commute and seek out real estate in Sun City before they medical out. But before you start squawking about fences, that ship has sailed. You had your chance. Welcome to relative seniority. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Here is one mans opinon of ALPA National at work for him as his airline was shutting down.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1580834#post1580834

"Rez... for one day, I wish you were an Aloha Airlines pilot who found himself without a job and watched what mighty ALPA National has done for Council 80 and one of the oldest ALPA groups in ALPA.

You would drop this whole mantra.

ALPA is in business to collect dues. It might use its help here and there, but it is NOT a union. They were more concerned about getting sued than actually defending the rights of Aloha Airlines pilots. Check this out... the company sells off a piece of the airline (cargo), and now instead of honoring our contract, they offer INTERVIEWS for pilots.

Where's ALPA National? Someplace in Herndon writing memos and "strongly worded condemnations."

Yet, when the strike vote overwhelmingly passed, and Aloha pilots were gonna walk out and say BURN THIS F**KER DOWN! ALPA lawyers were pleading with us not to do it because it would open ALPA for a potential lawsuit even though our airline was in fact shut down, our cargo was operating due to the unique nature of Hawaii cargo, YET WE DON'T KNOW WHO'S GONNA PAY or IF they are gonna pay the pilots. Yet ALPA wanted us to show up for work.

You know what Rez? I want that entire organization to come crumbling down. Why? Because they NO LONGER SERVE A PURPOSE!!! They've proven it in how they've handled our dilemma at Aloha.

Another thing Rez... you kept harping about impeding changes in our industry, the globalization, how we have to change in order to be a part of a change......
I agree with you. In order to do so, we need ALPA to disappear because it is a 1940's relic that is still flying in the 21st century. Like you said, it's time to change. Unfortunately, you can't slap Honeywell FMS, EFIS, and full glass cockpit setup into a DC-3 and continue flying transcons. It just doesn't make any sense.

ALPA is like a radial engine that's trying to survive in a turbofan era. Great for the history books, but that's about it."

Last edited:
I don't want to be represented by a gang of thugs lacking ethics, that much is true. Guilty as charged.

May 6, 2008

Fellow US Airways Pilots,
I am writing to you about a very serious matter relating to the cockpit jumpseat which is a major concern to all East and West Pilots. We have had a few reports of inappropriate jumpseat denials involving both East and West Captains.
I would ask that all US Airways pilots, regardless of their carrier of origin or domicile, refrain from using the jumpseat as a personal punitive tool. Actions such as these are a losing, short-sighted proposition that will create negative rippling effects on one of the few conveniences we all have as professional airline pilots.

Fraternally,

Stephen H. Bradford
President

Fellow US Airways Pilots,
I am writing to you about a very serious matter relating to the binding seniority list integration which is a major concern to all East and West Pilots. We have had a few reports of inappropriate ways to attempt to get around this binding award involving both East and West Captains.
I would ask that all US Airways pilots, regardless of their carrier of origin or domicile, refrain from using USAPA simply as a tool to attempt to get around a binding seniority list integration award. Actions such as these are a losing, short-sighted proposition that will create negative rippling effects on one of the few conveniences we all have as professional airline pilots.

Fraternally,

Stephen H. Bradford
President

Latest resources

Back