• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa has to go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Previous generations have been faltering for a while- but there was a time when pilots understood pattern bargaining.

(thx for my health concern- I am enjoying my career- and have a good perspective- I just don't appreciate the financial pressure usapa pilots put on swapa pilots- hmm- I'm sure virgin pilots don't appreciate the anchor on wages you've become-
Again flygirl is way more qualified- but changing your collective bargaining agent doesn't mean that the group who made an agreement does not exist. All you did was basically change your attorneys-
Ie: if you're convicted of murder- changing your attorney doesn't invalidate the conviction- and calling yourselves usapa now doesn't change the people involved or vacate the arbitration- it just gets strips alpa national of any voice in the matter
Flygrlqt- is that about right? (the gf's at work- so you got the amateur thinking here-)

If the "murder" conviction required MY vote and subsequent ratification for jail time to take effect, guess WHAT? Convincing 3400 pilots that the NIC is the sword that we must fall on, will cost Parker dearly. Remember time is on OUR side, not on Parker's. If this Nic is a potential hindrance in a future merger, I see the west being spun-off to make the deal. Stay tuned.

Yeah, but it's not a murder- and there's no jail time- that's the wrong side of the analogy-
I think you have lawyers, again, and to their great benefit, telling you possibilities you want to believe-"So YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE??!"

It's a job- and as much as I happen to love swa- I fly my job for money-
Is there no intersection of the lack of QOL that goes with loa 93/ and the perceived lack of QOL that will go with implementation of Nic?

I think you guys have built up the Nic implementation to be far worse than it will actually be-

In picking battles- it seems to me that you've chosen a worse life for fear of a bad one under Nic- help me understand how Nic would be worse than all the years you've been living w/ loa 93

As an east guy, Usapa has to go, I can't tolerate loa 93 for another xxxx amount of year. Just my opinion. Somebody start a card drive to get alpa back.

At first as a westie I thought USAPA was great. They're so inept and incompetent it's funny. Now that they're negotiating a concessionary contract I don't find them as funny. Replaced or reformed, I agree.

I see the west being spun-off to make the deal. Stay tuned.

"When you wish upon a star...."

Why not deal with reality as it exists today? How can these folks live lives diametrically opposed to the way they could possibly fly airplanes?

"Yeah, I know we don't have enough fuel to try another approach, but maybe a tanker is in the area and maybe..."

"Yeah, skipper, maybe there's something wrong with the DME and we're actually close enough to glide in.."

"I like how you think. But it's all that damn gravity's fault!"

" I hate gravity too, skip!"

"Brace brace brace!"

Eric , er I mean CB

Why do you even care about LOA 93 - it is not the contract you operate under!
Lets be truthful here - you just want the Nic so you can take advantage of the attrition coming to the East pilots.

Although I am disappointed with many issues on the East - we are capturing our attrition quite fairly right now, and we don't plan on giving that up.

You should just be happy that your on a "better contract". If you really wanted to move forward with the East - why is their no discussions anymore about conditions and restrictions that we BOTH could live with. (for example - if a west pilot wants to bid East - he has to use DOH - if a East guys wants to bid West - he has to use Nic, and if we can get the company to agree to a minimum fleet and block hours for both East and West - do you think that could work?

If/when the judge rules in the latest court battle - either way - the courts cannot take away mine or YOUR right to vote for a CB.

I know we both agree we are ready to get a better contract for both - but at what cost?

Respectfully,
Metrojet

MJ (Who ever you are);
I'm not Eric. He has much better things to do with his time than to unsuccessfully school you.

I "care" because I am attempting to communicate with the lurkers (who are not a part of the 18+ DOH Jhihadist minority) that would perhaps like to get out from under LOA93, and to a better contract.

I want a completed merger because I am sick and tired of the nonsense that spews from the rudderless ship we call USAPA. Guess what? I'm not the only one, AND those folks are not PHX based pilots.

We don't need much, just 600+ to move things back on track. Let's face it: Your group has attempted to evade the Nicolau award because you feel entitled to the attrition on the east coast bases, and it drives you NUTS that you can't ultimately get a court to see it your way.

You are right about the vote. I get one, you get one, and any MIG gets one. A ratified contract takes only 50% +1. The beauty of a ratified contract is that your co-worker can say..."Oh, I voted NO!", and you will NEVER now the difference.

My personal bar will be (at least) the AWA contract with the current DAL wage for various aircraft. I'll bet you a case of Samuel Adams that a contract like that would be ratified by 65% (at least).

The cost for a new contract is already too high: 10 Million on Seham's slam dunk, our 3+ million to defend a final and binding seniority list, the Hundreds of thousands spent on the RICO folly (and our money to defend it), the loss of 4+ years of contract improvements (you do realize that IF we had voted in a Kirby + 11% 3 years ago there would have been NO FURLOUGHS because we would have brought the east UP to our VACATION levels??), and the loss of 4+ years of additional wages. ALL FOR THE IMMORAL, UNETHICAL, AND ILL CONCEIVED CHASE FOR THE DOH GOLD STANDARD. What a pity.

See you in the voting booth. CB (Not Eric).

That VOTE is further down the road than you might think.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back