• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa........by pilots, for pilots !! maybe not

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are a number of pilots on the Nic list twice.
They get to keep the better number.
These pilots were hired by AWA years after they were hired by USAir (and still had recall rights to USAir).
Like I said, Nicolau made no distinction for where they flew before AWA. If you still don't understand why Nicolau ruled the way he did just read his explanation again.

It wont be wasted. Don't take a knife to a gun fight.
Uhhh Ok. That made no sense.

What do you think this is? A Clint Eastwood movie? Besides, I'll bet just about anyone could get to you with a knife before you could draw your gun and shoot it.

In any event this thing is just a big waste of time and money.

This one makes the NW/Republic battle look like love fest.... Looks like it will be many years before they become one pilot group.

They will never become one seniority list, I dont believe that that will ever happen.

Simply too much bad blood between the groups, so i dont think it will ever happen.

It wont be wasted. Don't take a knife to a gun fight.

Oh, look at you! You just watched The Untouchables! I think what you USAPA types all fail to grasp is which one of us has the gun and which has the knife.

I know, I know....you think you have the gun. If that really is the case, then here is some advice. Stop pointing it at your head.

They will never become one seniority list, I dont believe that that will ever happen.

Simply too much bad blood between the groups, so i dont think it will ever happen.

Sadly, you might be right. That will allow our management to whip-saw us as they see fit. Thank you USAPA!

The anger of the lovely lady in the video at YouTube is inconsistent with one who believes they "get to keep the better number", and that was before the election.

The anger isn't about seniority, it's about Justice. The former AAA that went to America West never looked back. Only 400 losers out of 1900 were dumb enough to hold on to the "dream" for all those wasted years. The former AAAs started a new life. Lo and Behold, the cold fingers of death from that wretched airline reached across the country and F'd up their life once again.

Not to mention you're sitting there being told by a bunch of old impotent fo's that in all actuality, in their minds, all currently furloughed AAA pilots stepped into class at America West at the same time they started at AAA and now, 85% of AMW is to be stapled and all subsequent furloughs will be at the sole expense of AMW.

This is their version of "democracy" B.S.! Oh, and BTW, they wrote their our own C&BL...with the benefit of hindsite to solely and permenently disenfranchise the West. Who wouldn't want to kill those SOBs?

Any sane person would be angry. Besides, how does one accept recall to a place they already work?

The fundamental and unmitigated injustice of USAPA will eventually kill them off.

Last edited:
Probably one of the "former East" pilots that were furloughed and hired by AWA. Nic's solution was for them to hop 1,500 seniority numbers on their own East seniority list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ITQxwucQ-0

So in your book that same junior AWA FO should have jumped ahead of senior AWA captains because he was furloughed US Air? You guys are unbelievable in your arrogance.

The more and more I watch USAPA, the worse i feel for some of my friends at Airways. The guys that broke from ALPA promised so much that they will never be able to deliver. Worse is that they appear (based on what has come out publicly) totally incompetent and incapable of leadership. The guys that I know, probably the vocal minority, are all good guys in a difficult situation made much worse by the lunatic fringe.

Latest resources

Back