• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA and the Domicile meeting for PHX/LAS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually have a guy working on that right now. He thinks the grievance is to be heard in December, but I'll let you know the exact date when I have it....no charge. However, you really should be paying dues so you could call a rep yourself haha.

To Soulfly...... I really am sorry about your furlough, and my reps as well as several USAPA officers know exactly how I feel regarding this. I don't think enough has been done to bring this group together, and this is like gas on the fire (supplied by mgt, though.)

I personally think these furloughs are posturing on the Company's part, and that barring some unforseen tragedy things are turning around this spring and you'll be back if you still want to be here. Alternatively, you might be making the sacrifice that saves the ship, and if so I think you chould be credited for your time out. Furthermore, if we merge while you're out, I won't ever say that you had no expectation of returning, and I'll fight to make sure you get credit for being a US Airways pilot. Shouldn't matter if your working or laid off; you are a US Airways pilot, no matter what.

How should furloughed West pilots be treated if USAIR merges. Should their DOH matter or should we just say they are furloughed and put them at the bottom. Westies aseem to think that someone furloughed should never be put ahead of an active pilot. I think your DOH matters and just because you guys are getting screwed and the fact that westies are flying in a very low yield environment, your DOH still matters.

M

Use the Nic. list and if anyone is left without a job when the merge happens, they go to the bottom because they brought nothing to the table. AWA/AAA list is done, this would be a new SLI Mdbag with 2008 DOH Easties still flying, so no jumping ahead of the current list and the AWA pilots would be covered by out of order layoffs from the East.

Last edited:
AWA brought nothing to the table. The jobs are worthless. More furloughs to come out west if revenue does not improve. Again, your West job is worthless. You brought a job to the merger that is totally worthless.

Capish

M

MCDU is absolutely right - no people and no money out in AWA country. California? Nevada? Arizona? Do they even have indoor plumbing out there? All the population and all the money are in the northeast where usair is king - just take a drive around the big airports - JFK, Dulles, EWR and check out the heavy iron they have there....usair has always been a goldmine and always will be....quarterly reports for the last two decades are your proof!

MCDU is absolutely right - no people and no money out in AWA country. California? Nevada? Arizona? Do they even have indoor plumbing out there? All the population and all the money are in the northeast where usair is king - just take a drive around the big airports - JFK, Dulles, EWR and check out the heavy iron they have there....usair has always been a goldmine and always will be....quarterly reports for the last two decades are your proof!

Nice!!

"all the money are in the northeast where usair is KING" eh !!!

I suppose you need all that money to go into Bankruptcy TWICE.

you should be piss tested - seriously

I've deal with MCDU's babbling much the same way I avoid homeless, schizophrenics panhandling for change...I pretty much ignore them and hope they'll go away.

When he doesn't have anything intelligent to add, and he never does, he posts flamebait. Nothing to see here, nothing at all. Go on about your business....

How should furloughed West pilots be treated if USAIR merges. Should their DOH matter or should we just say they are furloughed and put them at the bottom. Westies seem to think that someone furloughed should never be put ahead of an active pilot. I think your DOH matters and just because you guys are getting screwed and the fact that westies are flying in a very low yield environment, your DOH still matters.

M

How nice that you think the DOH matters for the guys that are furloughed OUT OF SENIORITY. Dave O'Dell and north have their rightful place on the NICOLAU AWARD. If a merge comes with another ALPA carrier, you can be sure that those merger committees have been paying attention to this fiasco. Bradford and band's activities have NOT gone unnoticed.

I suspect that the "End of Times" or the end of this airline will be here long before we finish this. Then a seniority list will be the least of your problems.

Latest resources

Back