USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CAPT ZALLAI............
Cap spent many hours in the crewrooms and the cockpit with yours truly and other ALPA yahoos. I think he knew what he was getting into and it's a dam sight better than what he came from (you know how true that is....).

The difference between he and lots of other guys in the industry, me included, is that he can keep level head and appreciate what he has instead of being pissed at what he feels he's owed. What he and no one else could foresee was the high oil price bomb going off in all our faces. Without that, we wouldn't be talking furloughs and downsizing. I don't like the whole ****************************** thing anymore than you do, but the immediate issue is our friends are on the street.

Cheers

Last edited:
Not according to the terms of the TA.. not to mention common sense. :rolleyes:

Would that be the same common sense that goes from near liquadation, to fighting binding arbitration, to f#$%ing up the chance for a great contract. I think "morons" is the correct term.

Guys...I started this thread to find info/intel about guys getting furloughed! If ya'll want to bicker about east vs. west, start a new post ..its getting really old.

some lottery ticket....usair 15yr 767 cap....$144
my 14yr A300FO last trip....$144

Does the money help to fill the empty void in your soul?

Does the money help to fill the empty void in your soul?

It's a relevant point that AAA pilots had the opportunity to improve this industry- and they CHOSE not to b/c of their entitlement issues. Their contract is worse than most 'regionals'

i knew at 25 that seniority doesn't equal longevity- to have that unfounded DOH expectation and then screw the whole industry that is designed to pattern bargain is awful.

It's a relevant point that AAA pilots had the opportunity to improve this industry- and they CHOSE not to b/c of their entitlement issues. Their contract is worse than most 'regionals'

i knew at 25 that seniority doesn't equal longevity- to have that unfounded DOH expectation and then screw the whole industry that is designed to pattern bargain is awful.

The ALPA president signed the contract that gave away the pension. The one that no AAA pilot got to vote on.

The ALPA president signs every contract. If ALPA wanted to pattern bargain then the buck stops with the president that started the pattern of giving away billions in pensions (read B... Billions).

And it was the ALPA president that signed off on Rat Jets for Delta that have now spread everywhere.

Its a shame that ALPA encourages pilot groups to gang up on those "bad" pilots that undermine "our pattern bargaining". The blame game against those "other pilots" is all about masking the stench of ALPA, while the concept of a union is mysteriously forgotten.

I'd say you just hit the nail on the head. At 25 you were a whole lot smarter than the majority of east pilots.

Latest resources

Back