• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck to the Oct 4th furloughs.! I was hoping they'd be canceled but looks like they will stick. Hopefully, they wont let anymore go this year. But from what I hear guys on reserve aren't flying much...so we'll see.

Not true. This month I am at 76 flown hrs on rsv (AB). There are guys well over guarantee. It depends on the equipment.

Guy in my cpad got Dec letter-so, those who say otherwise regarding "no furloughs"-NOT TRUE!! It's coming, so be proactive and find a job or a sugar mama!

How far from the bottom is he in November? I just talked to the lady in charge of the letters yesterday (apparently when you refuse a certified letter, they get concerned...) and I am 26 from the bottom after November's furloughs. She told me there are none planned (YET, they're just waiting for the numbers for manpower planning due by mid-October) for December, and they'll be back in full swing by January. So, is the guy in your cpad gone in Nov or Dec?

How far from the bottom is he in November? I just talked to the lady in charge of the letters yesterday (apparently when you refuse a certified letter, they get concerned...) and I am 26 from the bottom after November's furloughs. She told me there are none planned (YET, they're just waiting for the numbers for manpower planning due by mid-October) for December, and they'll be back in full swing by January. So, is the guy in your cpad gone in Nov or Dec?

Hey dude,

He is in Dec furlough. Which means Jan. for me

If one reads the law suit it is abundantly obvious that the judge is asked to "enforce" the NIC as a negotiated position, thus the judge is not even asked to require it to be a part of the next CBA.

If the judge grants the request to "enforce" it as a negotiated position then fine. Perhaps the law suit should be amended to "enforce" how each member must vote on the negotiated position. :laugh:

Turtle,

Indeed NIC is the negotiated postition. Its also the position Accepted by Parker. Seniority list negotiation complete.

If the contract containing the NIC list is not ratified then adjustments may be required to the contract. But the list has been negotiated and accepted.

Fast

If you dont mind me asking are you east or west and what is your doh?

Dream on!

Okay then weasel,

Parker has accepted the list for this Bargining Cycle and has signed a contract (TA) as well, obligating him to use it. You guys while smoking sehams crack have decided to ignore this. It has nothing to do with who is or was our Bargining agent. It's a contract and he signed it.

So what would you call it.

Fast

as far as I understand the court has nothing to do with it anymore. the new union is based on DOH. nic is gone. even if some court somewhere said you guys have to use nic, asapa could just say ok, then make a resolution and vote to toss it out (and it would get tossed as long as there are more east than west). a court can't tell a union or any other organization how to organize itself.
That's fine. The question isn't who's gonna make that call. The question is what are the East folks gonna do if, in the end, the Nic award or some kind of relative seniority is the final award?

I really am curious. Are they gonna quit? Are they gonna go on strike? Are they gonna march in front of the HQ? If it happens what are they gonna do?

If you dont mind me asking are you east or west and what is your doh?

New hire on the 190, East. Dec 2007. (and before anyone starts blasting me about the out of seniority thing, it isn't my choice and I'm doing my damnedest to go...)

Latest resources

Back