• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are you East guys gonna do if the courts side with us and decide to uphold the Nic award?

Well I guess life has to go on. The ones that get furloughed again will have to do something else. As simple as that. What are you going to do?

this whole mess is a disgrace to pilots and the concept of seniority.

What are you East guys gonna do if the courts side with us and decide to uphold the Nic award?

as far as I understand the court has nothing to do with it anymore. the new union is based on DOH. nic is gone. even if some court somewhere said you guys have to use nic, asapa could just say ok, then make a resolution and vote to toss it out (and it would get tossed as long as there are more east than west). a court can't tell a union or any other organization how to organize itself.

as far as I understand the court has nothing to do with it anymore. the new union is based on DOH. nic is gone. even if some court somewhere said you guys have to use nic, asapa could just say ok, then make a resolution and vote to toss it out (and it would get tossed as long as there are more east than west). a court can't tell a union or any other organization how to organize itself.

You're only 100% correct. I'm happy that the west will get some closure to the nic with this though!!!

Tyranny of the majority at its finest...

as far as I understand the court has nothing to do with it anymore.
Your understanding is incorrect. The lawsuits filed last week put it into court. You do what DFR stands for, right? What makes you think it's legal for a union to deliberately try to disadvantage a pilot group?
the new union is based on DOH.
Which is pretty funny considering the new law which requires the Mohawk-Allegheny procedures in future mergers. And that means binding arbitration.
nic is gone. even if some court somewhere said you guys have to use nic, asapa could just say ok, then make a resolution and vote to toss it out (and it would get tossed as long as there are more east than west). a court can't tell a union or any other organization how to organize itself.
DFR is the law.

all i'm saying is that both sides are going to need some serious retro-pay to make up for all the years surrounding this...

and it can't happen b/c it was ya'lls dumb a$$'s that walked away
crazy.

I think the best case for the west is challenging the NMB's single carrier status. Under ALPA, Prater was just as happy to see the NMB make that determination to save ALPA money (and we all see where that strategery got them). Now a group like the Army of Leo should press to see that decision overturned an re-instate ALPA as the west bargaining agent and allow for separate ratification of the joint contract per the original intent of the Transition Agreement.

There is ample evidence that this is not a single unified craft and class.

Latest resources

Back