• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If his DOH is 9/10 2000. You will be pulling his gear..

M

Not exactly since it is two seperate pilot groups. You seem to forget that.

Give the NMB a call and remind them of that. Perhaps they will void the last "election". (You remember the one that was called even though the cards had been tampered with prior to being submitted in that snazzy little coffin, um, I mean box).

If his DOH is 9/10 2000. You will be pulling his gear..

M

Pardon me, but wasn't hadn't AWA furloughed pilots after 1999, and continue to do so before we bought AAA?? Nic says you must play by the rules.

Okay then... if you are not seperate then why don't you guys just bid over to PHL A320 positions.

Feel free to repeat yourself over and over.

When there were vacancies on both sides- new hire pilots had the choice to go east or west. Furloughed East recalls had the choice. In this situation it's not about the 2 main groups and what they are able to bid- it's about the fact that noone is confused about the seniority of the new hires. The company is absolutely wrong in this and USAPA lost an opportunity to fight management on the west's behalf. You could have won some respect and credibility here-- now ... more lawsuits for the company and yourself. I don't get it. The furloughs aren't that deep. If USAPA had stood up to the company and forced them to furlough new hires first- the training costs involved would have mitigated the furloughs somewhat- if not altogether.

It's a scratch your head- LOSE-LOSE-LOSE position that USAPA taken on this one.

Really sad, this fight.

Okay then weasel,

Parker has accepted the list for this Bargining Cycle and has signed a contract (TA) as well, obligating him to use it. You guys while smoking sehams crack have decided to ignore this. It has nothing to do with who is or was our Bargining agent. It's a contract and he signed it.

So what would you call it.

Fast

A proven alcoholic with 3 dui's to his credit signing a piece of paper. This is our fearless leader at work!! Doug is a joke! Give me a real leader!

Then i'll go the opposite of boycaptain- it's not him bragging about his pay- it's slamming AAA for theirs. Especially when they've had the chance to improve it.

from APC
AAA-
year 16- A330 $160
Capt B76/76 $144
A320/B737 $125
E190 $ 95
FO E190 $52 topped out!
================================
Republic
yr 20 CAPT E175 $119 ($6 less/hr than an A320 driver! AND much better work rules/ rigs) ($24/hr MORE than the 190 at mainline)(All mainline guys would fall under the year 20 rates... you'd have to go back to year 11 at republic to find rates less than the topped out $95 at AAA)

oh- and the 175 is smaller than the 190 if you didn't know.

Republic E145- $103/hr E170- $108
--------------------------------------
Mesa- CRJ9- $104, CRJ7-$94
---------------------------------------
Air Wisconsin- crj50- $94 ($1/hr less to fly an a/c half the size- w/ much better rigs.)
-----------------------------------------
piedmont gets $78/hr to fly the Dash
--------------------------------------
PSA- $93/hr for all CRJ's
----------------------------------------
"KIDS" as you like to call them- have negotiated wages that surpass your own for a/c that are 50-100% smaller.........

YOUR PAYRATES ARE A BIG PROBLEM AND ARE DRAGGING THE INDUSTRY DOWN WHILE YOU WHINE ABOUT AN ARBITRATION THAT DIDN'T GO YOUR WAY

I'm tired of conservative pilots talking about letting banks go out business instead of bailing them out- when we ruined the flying career ATTEMPTING to bail out our own companies. If you're at a legacy- and use the excuse that you were in bankruptcy- YOU F'd UP. So maybe UPS will go through a BK- but that's not the point. The point is how the Baby-Boomers divided us in an attempt to keep what they had.
Republic has no rigs and their 190 pay is the highest paying airplane which they don't even have any on property. Thank god for scope. Look at their co pilot pay and compare to US Airways. The new pay rates offered by USAPA are quite impressive, best pay rate by far over SWA, FED EX, etc. Just got to get drunk doug to sign off and both groups to agree to a seniority list. Doug wants west pay plus 3%. Good thing the amer west pilots agreed to fly the A330 at the same pay as bankrupt US Airways pay rates. We are all hopeless at US Airways!!!!

If this sh_t hole that is the 'New USAirways' shrinks for years and ends up on the verge of liquidation like the old USAir and we get bought (or Merged) with a compay who has recently hired and/ or has nobody on furlough I WILL EXPECT TO BE PUT JUNIOR TO THEIR MOST JUNIOR ACTIVE PILOT and if I take the job @ recall I will appreciate the fact that without this new merger I would STILL be unemployed.

There you have it...
If I'm on furlough @ the time of a merger I expect and accept being placed junior to all active pilots on the other companies senority list

I have got to believe that USair with its current implosion has convienced all CEO' BOD's etc... to never touch that with a ten foot pole. the pilot merger "problem" has in my opinion made your company untouchable. Why step into that pile when you can just sit back watch the carnage and step in after words and pick it clean. Just my opinion.

Why would anybody in their right mind, and that can be debated, would knowly set out to buy a problem???

Latest resources

Back