• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways/AA pay parity?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agree completely Jump. A toxic envirnment is self induced. I have had a great time flying with the guys here. Some real good times. I passed an older Captain in CLT who was clearly headed to the crew room. He was on the other side of the concourse with a big smile on his face. I nodded as we passed he pointed at me and said "you headed home buddy?" Is said yup. He said "alright man! Have a good one." A guy like that brings that attitude with him. I was impressed.

Best advise I have is make the move and don't look back. ...

... This is going to be a great airline, and the application process isn't a quick one. The longer you take to apply, the more you will be kicking yourself later for not applying sooner.

Agreed 100%. At least get into the process and then make up your mind when you get an offer...

Around 100 pilots were hired mid 2004. Before the AWA merger.

Oh you were hired at Mid Atlantic on the E170. Were you able to bid anything other than the E170 prior to the merger with AWA? Funny that you would make fun of Mesa considering your background.

Oh you were hired at Mid Atlantic on the E170. Were you able to bid anything other than the E170 prior to the merger with AWA? Funny that you would make fun of Mesa considering your background.

What are you talking about? I directly challenge you to find anyplace I have EVER made fun of Mesa....

Hired at mainline or in the subsidiary "EMB" division?

No difference really. Everyone that came to MDA through the flow-thru came from Piedmont. And before the first class went, they knew they were being added to the ML seniority list. That was the deal.

What are you talking about? I directly challenge you to find anyplace I have EVER made fun of Mesa....

I'm sorry my bad. I had you mixed up with LearLove. I was waiting for his response as to how he wasn't a third lister and I thought your reply was from him. I'm going to blame it on fatigue

I'm looking for answers from guys on the pay hit. Every time I run the numbers, at least for my situation, I don't see equalling my current salary until years four through seven depending on which numbers you use, either the current payscales or a parity with Delta. The money lost is huge until a parity is made and therefore the time value of money lost on investments I would have to put on hold in order to meet current living expenses. BTW my life style is far from extravagant!

So the questions to answer are is it worth making the jump at 45. I see it worth it for someone at 35 but that 10 years make a world of difference. If it wasn't for bad timing I wouldn't have any timing at all!

Not a third lister d-bag.

Yeah, but there are a lot of West guys stuck in the right seat in PHX hired before you. The NIC award must have put you near the bottom. No wonder you oppose the binding award.

And why are you calling third listers "D-bags?" (Above)

Looks like you have a lot to lose should the NIC be implemented. Explains a lot.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back