• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways/AA pay parity?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KiddDynomite- age has far less to do with earnings potential than will your current place of employment. Are you military, regional pilot, corporate, or LCC? If you can elaborate, you will likely gain better advise, unless you're just looking to stir the pot. At 45, you will have 20 solid years of airline flying, and a captain bid on a wide body is not off the table for you. Where would you be within that 20 years at your current place of employment, and what will the payscales be like then, do you guess?

Sure, if the numbers don't work at the current moment for you, then they just don't work. You may choose to wait on DAL or UAL to call. That's fine too. However, 11000 other applicants are choosing not to. With only 4 large passenger carriers to choose from, it's best to get in the game and try them all, in my opinion. The financial decision to move on to USAirways was a tough one for me. I knew what I was getting into in regard to the pay. However, I also refused to bet my entire future on unknown job interviews and chance. Every day that I stood by and waited on DAL or UAL was a number lost at USAirways/American. Simple fact remains that great people haven't made it through the process at other airlines, when I felt they should have. Are you willing to wager your future on these two airlines?

Agree completely Jump. A toxic envirnment is self induced. I have had a great time flying with the guys here. Some real good times. I passed an older Captain in CLT who was clearly headed to the crew room. He was on the other side of the concourse with a big smile on his face. I nodded as we passed he pointed at me and said "you headed home buddy?" Is said yup. He said "alright man! Have a good one." A guy like that brings that attitude with him. I was impressed.

And look how much money that East Capt has lost since their squabble started? Old pay rates for an extra 7-8 years. Less money put into his 401K. Sounds like an idiot to me. But, he did "contain" the Westies in PHX! Wow, good for him! Time to retire! What a dumb arse!

Bye Bye---General Lee

General- get off it already............. Why not contribute an answer that is more in line with the thread title? Don't you proclaim your joy in "enlightenment" often????? The entire board knows how you feel about the "NIC", over and over and over and over and over and over and over......................

General- get off it already............. Why not contribute an answer that is more in line with the thread title? Don't you proclaim your joy in "enlightenment" often????? The entire board knows how you feel about the "NIC", over and over and over and over and over and over and over......................

Prospective newhires don't. They should know more about this before their big choice. It's a public service. You're welcome. It appears you are the one who wants to hide this mess.

Bye Bye---General Lee

BringUpTheBird- the toxic work environment is self induced because that is what you choose .
No the toxic environment is yet to come when crews are merged. You and those you have enabled through your indifference have robbed every west pilot of 7 years of advancement. There are few willing to forgive the lost ability to bid vacations with their families or upgrade to the position they would have held absent USAPA. . Why shouldn't your buddy on the east give you such a hearty welcome? You have helped him in his goal of destroying the careers of the west pilots. You will have earned the cold welcome to come when you fly with a west pilot who can never recoup what you chose to take from him.

So please stop trying to sell their little plot of land you've chosen to salt.

No difference really. Everyone that came to MDA through the flow-thru came from Piedmont. And before the first class went, they knew they were being added to the ML seniority list. That was the deal.

Yawn. Here we go again.

No the toxic environment is yet to come when crews are merged. You and those you have enabled through your indifference have robbed every west pilot of 7 years of advancement. There are few willing to forgive the lost ability to bid vacations with their families or upgrade to the position they would have held absent USAPA. . Why shouldn't your buddy on the east give you such a hearty welcome? You have helped him in his goal of destroying the careers of the west pilots. You will have earned the cold welcome to come when you fly with a west pilot who can never recoup what you chose to take from him.

So please stop trying to sell their little plot of land you've chosen to salt.

yay! blaming newhires!

Yawn. Here we go again.

Here we go again? What are you talking about? Someone asked if there was anyone hired after 9/11 but before the US/AWA merger in 2005. And there was in fact around 100 flow-thru's that were added to the ML seniority list in 2004. It was a simple answer to a simple question.

Here we go again? What are you talking about? Someone asked if there was anyone hired after 9/11 but before the US/AWA merger in 2005. And there was in fact around 100 flow-thru's that were added to the ML seniority list in 2004. It was a simple answer to a simple question.

If I asked an AA pilot about "pilots on property", I don't think he'd tell me about how many Eagle pilots there are.

If I asked an AA pilot about "pilots on property", I don't think he'd tell me about how many Eagle pilots there are.

Not following you. That AA pilot would tell you about the Eagle flows that actually flowed and were on the property. Not the Eagle pilots that had not flowed. So are the Eagle pilots that flowed and on the AA ML seniority list not considered AA pilots?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back