Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir East West NIC Award Resolution? Very soon!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From The Merriam-Webster dictionary:

-----------------------------------------------

While the common use of the word refers only to strike-breakers it's obvious the East pilots also fall under definitions 3a and possibly 4.
USAPA was formed for a very un-unionlike reason and the greatest beneficiary of USAPA has been USAirways management. If the shoe fits...
WINDFALL
: something (as a tree or fruit) blown down by the wind
: an unexpected, unearned, or sudden gain or advantage

WINDFALL
: something (as a tree or fruit) blown down by the wind
: an unexpected, unearned, or sudden gain or advantage

Which is what the furloughed east pilots hope to achieve against the employed west pilots. Windfall. Great definition.

Quote from Nicolau Award:
"Yet, it cannot be disputed that there were differences in the financial condition of both carriers and that US Airways was the weaker. This necessarily means that career expectations differed and that US Airways pilots had more to gain from the merger than their new colleagues."

You're right B-atch. You Easties get the WINDFALL of a merger that saved your jobs AND you want your broken careers fixed on the backs of the West pilots. But don't take my word for it -- take the judges' and jury's.

Have you read Judge Silver's ruling yet or do you just take USAPA-Comm's word for it?

Have you read Judge Silver's ruling yet or do you just take USAPA-Comm's word for it?
I have..She made some Strong pointed opinions.... However, based on the 9th COAs decision....Nothing precludes USAPA from abandoning the Nic... And furthermore according to Silver, the Co. can negotiate a joint cba, Nic non-inclusive, as long as there is NO "Collusion".
In essence, she DID give the Co. what they were asking!!
She gave GUIDANCE.. Now whether Doug decides to negotiate will be a true indication of how badly he needs a joint CBA..

I have..She made some Strong pointed opinions.... However, based on the 9th COAs decision....Nothing precludes USAPA from abandoning the Nic... And furthermore according to Silver, the Co. can negotiate a joint cba, Nic non-inclusive, as long as there is NO "Collusion".
In essence, she DID give the Co. what they were asking!!
She gave GUIDANCE.. Now whether Doug decides to negotiate will be a true indication of how badly he needs a joint CBA..
WRONG!!!! She said she didn't think the West could sue the company simply because they didn't insist upon the Nic. DURING NEGOTIATIONS. Whatever else they may ultimately agree to is subject to liability for both parties...you know, that " dangerous ground" the company is avoiding like the plague?

IOW, the company is just as free as you scabs to hang themselves if they want to. It's a free country.

Listen Beecker, you may believe in the Loch Ness Monster, or magic leprechauns for all I care...The real fact is 7 years have passed, and the Nic is still shelved...
Interpret the Silver ruling however you please...
The FACTS still stand..USAPA is free to negotiate/ratify a joint CBA...And the Nic need not be included. Once the process concludes, the west will be free to sue if they please. The 9th COA, a higher court than Silver, has given USAPA the right to negotiate, even stating that the final product, even if the Nic is not used, may in fact NOT DAMAGE the plaintiffs....

Congratualions Mam! Wouldn't be awefull if your company let you go? If you say that would never happen everyone on this forum would know you're a liar. Good luck rich lady you must be new in the airoplane thingy biz.

Okay, let me go slow so you can keep up little girl. This is what you said:

Originally Posted by charlie2
3a???????? I work for union wages. 3a??????? You want me to work for ever so slightly better union wages and give up so much....NOT! 3a????

Those "union wages" are lower than every other union's negotiated wages. So they are NOT, in fact, union wages. A 6th year fractional FO makes more than your top A320 captains in total compensation. This is separate from the chance that I will be laid off, or that any of us will be laid off. Of course it could happen, 24% of our pilots are on furlough. If we lay off half the list, I'm gone! And that could happen if we don't see regime change in this election cycle. But that won't change the FACT that you work for less than union scale.

I agree that sacrificing happiness for money is not a good move. But that presupposes that you have a modicum of income to begin with. You don't, and judging by the eastie posts, most of you aren't happy either. Do you girls get it now? Probably not.

Top A320 total compensation is equal to or less than what I make flying a business jet. If that is your definition of union wages...there is no hope for you whatsoever.
Now,now, there's no reason to hurt folks feelings here. The folks who worked to provide the contracts that were some of the highest paying in the industry retired and left the airline to a bunch of kids with no appreciation for what went into building it. They gave away that which they never earned because they had no idea of it's true value. They put their careers into a graveyard spiral and once they woke up to the reality of their actions, they decided to recover at the expense of the west simply because they had a majority.

So they blamed ALPA (like adolescents who can't accept blame and responsibility for themselves) and now they sit in their handful of widebody jets that pay regional wages and look for someone else to blame so they can self-talk themselves into believing it's not their fault.

They don't want you throwing the truth in their face. Everytime they look at a Delta 767 or A330 they know what it pays and yet they stand by their defense of... well,nothing really. They haven't measurably hastened their upgrades by their actions. But eventually the truth about what listening to a handful of USAPA loudmouths cost them will sink in.

Don't try to make them feel bad. They've got plenty of that ahead of them.

Latest resources

Back