• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir class of 99' - Recall Pay-Rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At Airways, under the 1997 contract (as with previous contacts), furloughees continued to accrue longevity even while on furlough. Those hired after the 1997 contract were not covered by this provision. So, it is possible to "even fathom" it; he was just incorrect as to who was 'covered' by this provision of the contract. Later, I believe in 2002, with the first 'concessionary contract,' the company took this back, and effective Jan. 2003, no pilot on furlough would continue to accrue longevity, regardless of seniority/hire date.

Over the years, many union contacts (at airlines, as well as other industries), there were provisions whereby furloughees would continue to accure longevity, even though 'layed off.'

"Not kidding" Just the facts. But, again, wouldn't want to confuse anyone here with the 'Facts.'

I was furloughed 91-98 at USAir and only received credit while on furlough towards retirement.Please let me know if I am wrong and could you please provide documentation where I can prove this to the company.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back