USAir class of 99' - Recall Pay-Rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLYLOW22 said:
Maybe some pilots were booted for unacceptable behavior.

Yes, several ACTIVE pilots have been booted for unacceptable behavior, specifically aggressively challenging the integrity of the then-MEC Chairman, who, among other things, refused to obtain a medical certificate for over three years, since he did not have to fly.

Good info here:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy/us_airways.html

Info very sparse for furloughees. Would be nice to have the Furlough Administrator (last I knew it is a paid position btw) send out some info. Last APL I have is a year old. Have no idea what the contract/transition agreement looks like. ALPA website unavailable if you work for another ALPA carrier. How do we make an informed decision with no info? Will have to do some digging on our own I guess.

There are two message boards for AAA. One is open to both furloughed and active pilots, and one is only open to active pilots.

At first, a large number of active pilots boycotted the "active" board, as a nod to the furloughees. These days, the "open" board is pretty quiet, and I'm thinking the majority of talk goes on on the active board (with the BOS FO rep doing a great deal of the talking.)

on another note - preliminary info on the furlough survey - by the furlough coodr on the MDA site says that many plan to return and the 190 will be staffed by thoes on the APL list - no indication having to go to the WO or street hires to find takers.

BeCareful! said:
There are two message boards for AAA. One is open to both furloughed and active pilots, and one is only open to active pilots.

At first, a large number of active pilots boycotted the "active" board, as a nod to the furloughees. These days, the "open" board is pretty quiet, and I'm thinking the majority of talk goes on on the active board (with the BOS FO rep doing a great deal of the talking.)

I don't think that having to board is a problem anymore with j4j and MDA guy returning to the mainline they now have access to both. If anything was on there indicated no good twards the rest of the APL I'm sure on of these guys would pick it up and send the info to the proper people.

also remember there are only 3 190's comming this year then 1 per month on 2007. So by the end of 2007 there will only be 15 190's at mainline. excluding instructors at 10 line pilot per aircraft thats 150 piulots to staff the 190 - 75 ca and 75 fo. There are atleast 1500 on the APL. I say atleast 1000 of them are comming back. 1000 APL to fill 150 positions over the next 17 months. Plus depending on the merger the callback to the AB/Boeing could be very slow even with retirements if management starts shelling 737's.

Bottom line is I think it will be along time before they get thru the APL.

1000 takers!?

Nah, maybe half that - but only at the final decision (accept or resign). I think it'll be no better than 5 to 1 passing on the first call and/or 190 slots. BWTHDIK?

Bender,
I asked (AWA MEC) they said that if an FO comes back with longevity he/she could be paid a higher rate than someone on the property for a longer time. Then after a new contract, someone with less senority could get a higher percentage increase in pay than someone perhaps senior.

Thank you for checking. Just trying to gather the facts to make an educated decision if/when they call.

Unfortunately its looking as if the E190 rates are simply too low to consider a recall to that equipment.

"Just trying to gather the facts to make an educated decision"

bender you know by now its all a giant crap shoot anyway - feeling luckey??

Latest resources

Back