Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir class of 99' - Recall Pay-Rates?

The payscale tops out at 6yr pay at 52.16/hr until 2009 then goes up a whopping $1/yr

as an aside I'm sure you MEC could have provide the info...(not saying this for your benefit, but rather the pompous ones whose union has yet to furlough)

Pompous??

Not sure how you got that. Not negative, accusing, paranoid, argumentative, naive, opinionated, bullheaded....But pompous???

But there are plenty of those types running around. I don't like the pompous attitude of some pilots or other employees in unions ANYWHERE (ALPA is the biggest target among many)

I personally feel if someone doesn't believe furlough can happen to them (especially at SWA and, yes, even FedEx), they are whistling past the graveyard.

So call me pompous if you will. Name calling appears to be the rule around here. Somehow it makes those who do it feel smarter and better.

Last edited:
BenderGonzales:

You can get access to USAir alpa website. It can be a process. What you will have to do is contact ALPA national, which is a cluster or call you local office and talk to the communications person. Give them your USAir alpa local council number and your name and alpa number. State that you were furloughed from USAir and would like to have access to both website.

Many furloughees that are working for another alpa carrier have received dual access. This way you will have access to the important information.

iflyhigh

iflyhigh said:
You can get access to USAir alpa website...State that you were furloughed from USAir and would like to have access to both website.

Many furloughees that are working for another alpa carrier have received dual access.
Sorry, no dice at US Airways.

The MEC kicked all furloughees off their website, since, on the Message Boards, many were critical of the MEC Chairman and his henchmen.

So sorry, the US Airways MEC, especially the BOS FO rep, do not want to acknowledge your existence.

The current MEC Vice Chairman even admitted he wanted the furloughees cut off the merged list.

camper1159 said:

The current MEC Vice Chairman even admitted he wanted the furloughees cut off the merged list.

Could you direct me to who said it and when? Was it actually recorded or written? I would love to have a copy of that for my records. Thanks.

camper1159 said:

The MEC kicked all furloughees off their website, since, on the Message Boards, many were critical of the MEC Chairman and his henchmen.

So sorry, the US Airways MEC, especially the BOS FO rep, do not want to acknowledge your existence.

Actually NO, the most reciently furloughed, thoes at MDA have been allowed to retian access - I haven't tried the message boards though. For any U furloughee that wants to regain access I pretty sure all they have to do is send an email to the furlough coord. and he will send something to ALPA then your back in. Thats what I did back in Jan of this year.

camper1159 said:

Funny... I'm on the message board right now.

Might check your info before you lose credibility by speading untruths. Maybe some pilots were booted for unacceptable behavior.... who knows.

Would you like me to check a threAAAd for you?

CLARIFICATION:
The past Communicatuions Chairman (now MEC Chairman) tried to get a resolution passed a few years back to ban the furloughees and retirees.

Initially it failed, but later, with the assistance of the embattled MEC Chair Pollock, the resolution passed. Sold to the MEC as a way to ban furloughees that were now working for other (specifically non-ALPA - JetBlue) carriers, and retirees.

It may have been reversed recently, call the Bobbie in the MEC office in PIT and ask her for copies of the MEC meeting agenda items dealing with the Message Board.

As for MEC VC's comments about the furloughees? I have been told that he has recently denied those comments, but unfortunately for him they were witnessed by other MEC members.

Latest resources

Back