USAir class of 99' - Recall Pay-Rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BenderGonzales

Just wondering if anyone knows what the payrate and guarantee would be for a pilot hired in 99' at USAir if he accepts recall:

To the E190 (f/o)
To the E190 (c/o)
To the Boeing, Airbus, etc?

Is there a commuter clause? How would that work with a possible 2-leg commute?

Also, does anyone know if they expect you to make the decision on the day that the telephone rings, or if you have a period of time to decide? And will they provide at least 2 weeks between acceptance and class?

I realize this is all jumping the gun, but want to be prepared IF the call ever comes. (The call for MidAtlantic Captain caught me off-guard. Thankfully I turned it down, but i'd like to be better prepared this time.)

Thanks

If your were hired in '99 it depends on how much time on property you had when furloughed. I'll assume you had 3 years on property so if you come back you'll be at $82 an hour for CA and $46 an hour for FO.

I'm not sure of the commuter clause, we have one at AWA, but the 190 will be on U's certificate with their work rules so you'd have to look at the contract you had over there.

I think there's a way to bypass totally or until you're recalled as CA if you want to without giving up your right to recall later since these are growth planes.

If you need a copy of the Transition Agreement I'll email it; PM me.

The hew and cry goes up when mini-mainliners go to a regional carrier like Mesa, but when they're brought in-house everyone wants to by-pass recall.

What gives? Are you like an NFL player holding out for a better deal as training camp approaches? Bids are processed in seniority order, so unless you fear the seat lock, what are people holding out for? Maybe they'll be growth airplanes (although Parker denies growth plans) or maybe not. But isn't getting back in the pipeline for bigger equipment better than where they are now? And if not, why not resign and start over somewhere else with a brighter future?

BenderGonzales said:
(The call for MidAtlantic Captain caught me off-guard. Thankfully I turned it down, but i'd like to be better prepared this time.)

Thanks

When were you hired and when was the call for mid atlantic captain?

I'm a 6/99 hire, i got called for a mid atlantic fo spot but not captain spot about two years ago.

I had to resign my seniority for the job I had two years ago, but still got called. I'm just curious if I will get called again.

Hired in 1/99 and got the call in summer of 04 for MidAtlantic F/O and then Capt a few days later.

I suspect you will be called again when your number comes up.

Sorry, I probably misunderstood. The $46/hr copilot rate on the E190 is based on 3 years longevity right?

Would a furloughee hired in 99 be returning with 3 years longevity or with 7?

Thanks

Bender,

Can the union give you all that info? If not, I wonder why not....

I suppose I could email the furlough administrator for the answer. But why not share the information here in case other have the same question.

What those who are still on the line seem not to realize is that there is very little information forthcoming from either the company OR the union. And if you've gone to work for another ALPA carrier in the interim, you no longer have access to the ALPA website.

So any information is appreciated.

This is a bit of thread creep....

What kind of services are those ALPA employees, who just struck for more pay, supposed to provide?

Some union dude or dudette should be able to help out the USAir furloughees. What good are they if they can't help the most crapped on members they have??? Them telling you its too bad and they can't help you because you can't access the website is total BS.

Can you guys fire ALPA? Sounds like it wouldn't hurt anything.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back