• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAIR 1549 FA story b.s.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cause she is required to view the outside of the aircraft, through the doors window, before opening the exit......

Last edited:
It is sad if she lied about opening the door herself. She must have not been thinking right. Hopefully she will retire.

Cause she is required to view the outside of the aircraft, through the doors window, before opening the exit......
Yeah, true, but ever tried to look out those tiny portholes? They show very little - and it looks distorted like a fish-eye lens. I don't know if I could tell whether by looking or not it was water. BUT, the big splash and sudden acceleration might cue me in.

To me - the big problem, if this is true, is that she lied for 3 months about it. I think that if she had said up front that she had made a mistake and opened the door on her own, it would of been a minor detail in the whole incident. Everyone would be impressed they made it out alive - now, the excitement over the flawless landing has subsided and now we can focus on the "lying FA".

Last edited:
Word on the street is Sully and crew screwed up. Never moved the thrust levers out of the climb detent. Also I understand that most who have replicated this in the sim have safely landed in Teterboro. Maybe they moved the levers, or at least bothered to put them in the idle detent before attempting a restart.

Word on the street is Sully and crew screwed up. Never moved the thrust levers out of the climb detent. Also I understand that most who have replicated this in the sim have safely landed in Teterboro. Maybe they moved the levers, or at least bothered to put them in the idle detent before attempting a restart.

Not again. Maybe if I close my eyes, it'll go away.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back