USA Pilot Pay Restored

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fleet Size..

Um do you get a doctor cheaper if he is the only doc in the practice?

Or a lawyer that practices "x" law, is that lawyer any cheaper b/c they are not part of a firm?

Next time you rent a piece of construction equipment (or vehicle for that matter) tell them you won't pay as much b/c they only have one high-low or one flat bed truck.

Fleet size has absolutely no relevancy. If you commercially operate a piece of equipment or aircraft, there is a minimum cost a manger should expect to perform that operation. Some call it the minimum cost of doing business in a layman's terms.

Ah, I am wasting my time.. Let me just disagree with you and say that when a DC-9 rotates with 20000 pounds of screws or 90 souls the pilots have to been trained to a certain standard, have a skill level and most importantly experience level to make money with that aircraft. USAJ is not willing to put pay at an appropriate level, so you will lose quality pilots for one of those reasons listed above. From what I hear, many have or are about to begin speaking with their feet around there. And for a guy who posted "I have to speak up when cry baby's threaten my job" the fact that the people who are directly responsible for actually generating the revenue on the front line are being constantly screwed with by managemnet should be very concerning to you as a fellow employee. Also as pilots react and quit b/c of this treatment, the company will be forced to have new-hires during this challenging environment... dude that’s your $$$ going to pilot training costs that could be avoided.

As far as a Union, I stated above less turnover is less training of multiple people to do a job the company already spent the money training someone else to do. A contract gives management fixed costs for the many years to come. It gives pilots the knowledge of the exact minimum amount of money and benefits to count on each month. I see it as a two way street, so should the Democrats running this company. As of right now the pilots aren't unionized but lets say all the pilots collectively decide to line up out side of Fred's desk and get their turn to ask for a raise or they quit. That is perfectly legal, and quite frankly very likely. Every person that quits has a price, would the comapny rather make the pilot happy or train a new one with no experience?

Ah enough Union 101, I'll let you take your turn at sharing the evils of having defined rules and compensation that are comparative to other professionals doing the same job.

Good Day!

Last edited:
Because of USA Jets higher pay the company actually has very little turnover. I don't think anyone in the upper half of the senority list is thinking of going any where, except JB/SWA/FedEx etc.

Sameold said:
the fact that the people who are directly responsible for actually generating the revenue on the front line are being constantly screwed with by managemnet should be very concerning to you as a fellow emplyee.

I hope you don't think that the pilots are the only ones who generate revenue because I think you left a few departments out.

How about the fuel department, they give the planes go juice and service others at YIP as well.

How about the maintenance department, they help keep the aircraft going so that the company can book them.

How about this so call trucking management divison USAJ has, they also contribute.

Without the combined efforts of several departments cash would not flow thur the door. I'm not defending management for what they are doing nor am I praising them, all I'm trying to say is if its really that bad here or if people feel they are being abused, why stay. The grass isn't always greener somewhere else.

There are several things we all have in common:
1) We all decided to get into aviation on our own.
2) We are all under paid for the responsibility we have.
3) We all accepted the job at USAJ.
4) We are all still here.

Each one of us here has dug their own holes in life themselves, but if the hole starts to fill in around you, as some here have stated, why stay in it?

Last edited:
I have to agree with pilotyip there is very little turnover at USA jet. There is a reason for that. I'm sure Randy would agree with that.

Porky

Hey Porky how about me, you, Randy and Anwar meet and have a beer and talk about this, or are you going to hide behind your screen name. I'll buy the beer.

Hey Porky how about me, you, Randy and Anwar meet and have a beer and talk about this, or are you going to hide behind your screen name. I'll buy the beer.

and then when it is time to sober up Anwar is buying the coffee...

can't drink beer in the office have to be the wedge.

ÞÞmÛÛrÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛaÛÛÛlÛÜßÜiÜ

GOAROUND said:
If they really were serious abouty saving money then Randy, Ray, Otten.Healy and all the other management boys would be taking PAYCUTS. In addition they do not need all the useless bodies in dispatch. Like they claim if business is slow why have at least 10 extra bodies in flight following. The more they layoff the better it is. All the additional expenses like insurance(approx$10000/yr) that is provided to full time employees really takes away from the bottom line at Usajet. What is hurting this company is lack of vision and leadership. Flying a few passanger trips is not new business.Flying overseas and getting contracts around the world is smart. This company has dug it's own grave by having the worst cost control and accountability,and now they want me to pay for their lack of planning.If we always ran a lean ship we would not be having this problem. As for the surges in business if management flew instead of sitting in the office we could probably handle those surges in business.

It funny that you stated this (in bold verbatim) to a group of 3 people or more and then it appears on Flightinfo.com. Now there was a few day between what you stated to me and a few other then it magically apperars on FI. I calling the B.S. card on you Sir.

08-03-2005, 03:15

USA Jet Pilot said:
my dear fellow pilots at usajet,
I was thinking maybe we can all get together and have a prayer meeting at usajet. Infact let's pray right now
a} Lord please improve the morale at usajet because it's the worst i have ever seen.
b} lord let everyone inthe company take pay cuts not just the pilots. Every manager, every mechanic, every secretary, etc and then the pilots will only take a 7% paycut not 27%
c] LORD- Let ameristar management come and run our company because in today's business environment they and able to compete without cutting the pilot's pay. They must be able to run a company better than our managers.
d} Lord - let the company be consistent in all their decisions, and always layoff unstead of cutting pay .First officers are making less money than unemployment pays in michigan.
Last but not least i pray that we get new managers that can make our company prosper without cutting our pay.
TO my fellow pilots. Keep eating of that 99 cent menu.

I think this is the first time I have seen a post like this...It's true. Uncle Ted and Uncle Tom Please help us. AMEN

Second glaring example of What you stated then sometime later it appears on flightinfo.I can pull and post clanssclair stuff old news
There plenty more if I keep looking.

08-03-2005, 02:27

ABUSED PILOT said:
my dear fellow pilots at usajet,
I was thinking maybe we can all get together and have a prayer meeting at usajet. Infact let's pray right now
a} Lord please improve the morale at usajet because it's the worst i have ever seen.
b} lord let everyone inthe company take pay cuts not just the pilots. Every manager, every mechanic, every secretary, etc and then the pilots will only take a 7% paycut not 27%
c] LORD- Let ameristar management come and run our company because in today's business environment they and able to compete without cutting the pilot's pay. They must be able to run a company better than our managers.
d} Lord - let the company be consistent in all their decisions, and always layoff unstead of cutting pay .First officers are making less money than unemployment pays in
michigan.
Last but not least i pray that we get new managers that can make our company prosper without cutting our pay.
TO my fellow pilots. Keep eating of that 99 cent menu.

The timestamps show that you posted the carbon copy duplicate in FI about 45 minutes apart. You seem to think it ok to bash uncle Marty but when someone exposes who you really are then it a personal issue and you need to talk off line . Bottom line is you are fair game considering you started bashing USAJ management first. If you realy think you can run AAC/USAJET better by all means email COO and owner’ Marty& Brian see it you can move into management. The USAJ was way behind in flight hours this year just counting the hours for Jan- July they were almost 500 hours behind last year.

The only good thing was the company did better in June 2005 compared June 2004 now that was a tally of flight crew hours. 2004 there were about 81 Flight crew member and 2005 the number went 98 people .I think the number is@ 96 due some people left. There very few people that know the real P&L AAC/USAJ.For the most part it pure speculation on what they perceive.

So case it point the USAJ could had more flight hours but less per trip dollar amount coming in. my opinion is that usaj does there best for what they have and considering there ad-hoc. If you don’t like USAJ move on to a different company. I hope you find happiness in what ever you looking for because a life of misery is NO way to live .

The older USA Jet won't leave because he is making too much money, although it is not as much as he would like to make. Anywhere he goes is a massive pay cut, bills to pay, family to feed, car payments, makes it hard to make the move, unless someone like SWA, JB, FedEx knocks on the door.

Good place to test my new sig?

Whats with the 100 character limit now?

lame.

Latest resources

Back