• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet IS a lost Cause

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW, good news folks, get your apps in now!! Firings this week, probable pay cuts and layoffs in the next few and a hiring boom in 2007!!! Who could say no to that?? Step right up boys, who will be first to take advantage of this amazing offer?

Oh, I forgot to mention great training to prepare you for your next job. I heard that the next job most guys get after USA Jet is pushing a broom at Home Depot. Isn't that the company moto, much like your signature YIP, "If you don't like it Home Depot is hiring" ? I also heard that calls are made to other airlines on the field and threats are made if any USA Jet pilots should be hired by the "competition". Seems unfair to cut pay every year, layoff every year AND prevent guys from jumping ship to Kalitta for the opportunity to fly a 74 and get a sizable pay increase. I say requesting an application from YIP is a dare, not an offer.

again tailrotor shows how much he is out of touch with reality, but then again this is a pilot board and dose not deal in reality. There was never any stoppage from our pilot going anywhere, we wish them well. That is why there is no training contract at USA Jet, unlike most of the other on-demand operators. There was rumor about the Kalitta thing, but I think that had more to do with Kalitta's expereince on guys going from the DA-20 to the 747, they have hired some of our DC-9 Captains in the last year.

Maybe Kalitta should look into a 25% helo time work force, I hear that works for some.

Get the facts

Again tailrotor you have yours facts mixed, selective memory I think it is called, it is a common problem with guys who do not deal with reality. The famous "If you don't like it Home Depot is hiring"? Quote came from a pilot meeting I was at. One of our DC-9 Capt.’s was complaining about he did not like the working conditions or pay at USA Jet. Imagine that? I told him if he was unhappy here, he had to start thinking about where he would fine a job that he liked. Then one of the other pilots in attendance at the meeting made the famous statement. Everyone laffed, and I got credit for it. BTW it looks like helo time worked for you, why should it not work for anyone else?

Last edited:
Cause it counts for crap at a REAL airline. It is my understanding that Mr. Mundt is the one famous for the quote and continues to drag it out any time there is dissent. But, basically your quote is the same thing, what a way to treat professionals. Good luck on your sainthood Randy.

Does that mean I am blessed and on my way to sainthood?

Firing, furloughing and talking paycuts, but YIP says to be on the lookout for a big hiring boom in 2007. Maybe you too can be part of the firing, furlough and paycut booms of 2008! Get your ticket now while there's still time!

Firing, furloughing and talking paycuts, but YIP says to be on the lookout for a big hiring boom in 2007. Maybe you too can be part of the firing, furlough and paycut booms of 2008! Get your ticket now while there's still time!

Well, JUS does not furlough, they lay off. That way they don't have to recall in order of seniority but rather cherry pick who they want to have back.

Howie

Latest resources

Back