• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet IS a lost Cause

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, Pork and Beans, other airlines do resort to layoffs and paycuts, YIP specifically said that other companies on the field were experiencing the same pinch, haven't heard of any layoff or pay cuts, have you? I have never heard of a company that resorts to this drastic measure on such a regular basis.

Would be nice if these guys could move on from JUS, but who is hiring? you don't think these guys all have applications in somewhere else? How about this, JUS requires that you move your family to within a few minutes of the airport to make call out, so you uproot your family, move to Michigan, your wife gets a job, the kids start school, eventually you start making a reasonable paycheck and out of nowhere, a paycut or layoff. your options are to wait around for the call back, which we know they are not obligated to do, or to get your applications in elsewhere and wait, what a year or more for a call? I don't know any pilot who works at JUS because they want to, more like because they have to. Those of us who got out before 2001 sure are fortunate that we can sit back and laugh at these poor guys who are being used as door mats.

Tail Rotorhead, So you know what's going on hear at Yip. With every operator on the field, huh. Things in the freight world are slow everywhere, not just with the companies here, but everywhere. You said earlier that some of them did nothing wrong. If thats true then they should still be hear, right? Why did one of them quit before he was let go? Maybe guilty as charged? Do you have that info too? You said that this company is a lost cause, why? Why should you care if your sitting back laughing at the pilots that are still here being used as door mats. You say alot of things but I think you don't have a clear picture of what is really going on. I respect the fact that you are standing up for some of them, that you feel sorry for them, but they gone now, and need to move on just like you need to. I don't respect a person who go's on the internet and wines like a sissy about how bad their job stinks, or how bad the Jet treats them when they make 6 figures + being glorified truck drivers. Like I said before if they don't like it hear its time to move on.

So from what I can tell Porky is the boss over there and Yip works for him. Tailrotor used to work there and people were canned instead of counseled.

You know if you kept them there you may have been able to recoupe your monies. As it sits now you are continuing a reactionary management style, and further damaging the morale of the entire work force. I guess you guys never heard to Total Quality Management(TQM)?

Last edited:
If the company presses charges they can recoupe their money too.:D

PS- I'm not the boss of anyone, just a gear in the machine!!:)

It is so funny to me that the mgt. at USA Jet has to come on to message boards and try to save the image of there company. It SUCKS that you guys took a pay cut AGAIN and looking to layoff AGAIN. I feel very sorry that the Senior Capts. got fired for something that Pilot Yip's son started (if thats true, I didn't see him defend his family though). Good luck to all you guys and hopefully something good will happen to our industry soon. Like the BOOM OF 2007!

Hi!

Currently no pay cuts and no furloughs. In the on-demand business, you never know what's around the corner, however.

cliff
ELP

Hi!

Currently no pay cuts and no furloughs. In the on-demand business, you never know what's around the corner, however.

cliff
ELP

Sure you do! It's called BOHICA.

You just don't know which corner it's around, that's all. But it's out there... waiting... waiting...

Look out! BOHICA's gonna get you!

It is so funny to me that the mgt. at USA Jet has to come on to message boards and try to save the image of there company. It SUCKS that you guys took a pay cut AGAIN and looking to layoff AGAIN. I feel very sorry that the Senior Capts. got fired for something that Pilot Yip's son started (if thats true, I didn't see him defend his family though). Good luck to all you guys and hopefully something good will happen to our industry soon. Like the BOOM OF 2007!
No different than Cherry.

I'm not starting a pissing match with you guys. I'm saying it sucks! None of what I said is like Cherry though. Last year when USA Jet pilots took pay cuts, our mgt took them. We haven't laid off anyone since 9-11. Whats the same again? Our mgt defends our company of flightinfo? Yeah right. I feel for you guys is all I'm saying. Why am I even writing this to Hammer? You fly single engine cessna's with your 250 hours and you know everything there is to know about on demand freight.

Last edited:
I'm not starting a pissing match with you guys. I'm saying it sucks! None of what I said is like Cherry though. Last year when USA Jet pilots took pay cuts, our mgt took them. We haven't laid off anyone since 9-11. Whats the same again? Our mgt defends our company of flightinfo? Yeah right. I feel for you guys is all I'm saying. Why am I even writing this to Hammer? You fly single engine cessna's with your 250 hours and you know everything there is to know about on demand freight.
Cherry i'm telling you, before you bad mouth another companies managment, look at your own. You will find out soon enough when you move on. Come to think of it you've been there for some time now. You sound like a lifer. Keep kissing the D.O.s arsss!!!!

Latest resources

Back