• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA JET Has Mass Layoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I absolutely feel sorry for all my fellow pilots affected at UsaJet. IT IS A TOUGH TIME SO WHAT CAN WE DO. Be positive , and continue to look for a job. Join climb to 350. Go to airinc and other job seminars. Apply now for a lot a jobs because they take six to eight months to materialize. Since 1998 when i first started with Reliant the automotive industry is almost non-existent. I remember in Nov/Dec of 1998 you would go out every 10 hours to fly without fail. If usajet did not make adjustments they would perish. We can all argue for hours about management's decision about not knowing what they are doing etc , but we do know that some of us are out of a job and now must do what ever it takes to put food at a table. While i was at usajet i was also laid off and had taken a paycut. It is hard. Any usajet pilot that are laid off please pm me and i would be happy to take your app in for the fractional that i work for. I know one thing for sure. You had incredible flight training, and flew in the toughest of conditions. You folks are ready for any job.
Best of luck

Last edited:
Alliance Air Charter based in Denton,TX. They have 1 Falcon 20 online and another on the way. Also have a couple of Shorts.

Can that thing get off the ground in the summer? Say after 11am? I remember spending 9 days in Denton cus USA Jet customer service would not allow us to move the jet (to a longer runway...IE DFW) so we were stuck there from 11am on, once the heat climbed above 104.

I thought USA Jet/Active Aero had enough control of the market to keep their own Falcons competitive. Does this mean that they are sacrificing their own employees to get cheaper flying from other operators?

I feel for all of those hurt by this. A good friend of mine was let go on the 9 side. Hopefully when August hits some of you will be back to work. I know it's been slow this year but you would think they would have a plan for this that doesn't involve a mass layoff

backwards

I thought USA Jet/Active Aero had enough control of the market to keep their own Falcons competitive. Does this mean that they are sacrificing their own employees to get cheaper flying from other operators?
no it was matching cheaper flying with extra costs we had in our DA-20 program that spelled the end.

Latest resources

Back