• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA JET Has Mass Layoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many furloughed? Looks like Bill C from the training dept.?

Hey guys, for what its worth, SWA will be hiring 550 + this year. I made the jump almost 7 years ago and have not looked back. Rough couple of weeks for the USA Jet gang. Hang in there guys!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Time for me to fire up the ol' resume.

This morning I couldn't get to my company email. Then a call from the Chief and DO. Separation notice is in the mail. YAY!!

Could not of come at a better time when job competition is super fierce out there with 10000 pilots on the street.

Last edited:
Time for me to fire up the ol' resume.

This morning I couldn't get to my company email. Then a call from the Chief and DO. Separation notice is in the mail. YAY!!

Could not of come at a better time when job competition is super fierce out there with 10000 pilots on the street.

Sorry to hear about this. Welcome to professional aviation.

Edit: BTW Pilotyip, this is why you shouldn't go on a public website advertising to all the youngsters on FI of the "hiring boom" in 2007. You just might look like a douch.e one year later...

Last edited:
What's wrong with guys you already hired?

Class hadn't started yet...

You know how much easier it is for me to teach furloughed Falcon drivers as opposed to Cessna flyers? A LOT! Wish I could help out Guys.

lots

How many furloughed? Looks like Bill C from the training dept.?

Hey guys, for what its worth, SWA will be hiring 550 + this year. I made the jump almost 7 years ago and have not looked back. Rough couple of weeks for the USA Jet gang. Hang in there guys!!!
27 pilots ,3 dispatchers, 3 training dept, accounting, Cust serv, IT, maintenace, everyone took hits

Good luck to all the good people affected by this furlough. I was one of the unlucky furloughees back in May 2001. Made it a total of 9 months there before getting the bad news.

Latest resources

Back