Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has heard anything saying that the accident was somehow caused by a cockpit discussion or problems between the pilots?

I first heard this version about 3 days after the accident, that said that the Cap was white and the fO was black, and that they were having racial arguments during the whole flight, i tought his was too weird and didnt pay too much attention to it, now a mexican newspaper reported this same story, maybe they got it from the same source i did back then i dont know, to start things up, was the FO actually african american?

Anyone has heard anything about this?

Yes he is, but I don't buy that story. Can't you just wait until the records are released?

Lonnie was not agruementative or looked to start agruements. I lived with him at our crash-pad for five years and he never cussed and never said anything negative about people. He is the type of guy you could spend an entire career flying with and never get tired of. I heard the FO was a good guy, so the two of them together would not be engaged in racial discussions.

There is no way...

My friend Lonnie was a good Christian and a follower of Jesus not only in word but also in deed. He simply would not be involved in a discussion, let alone an argument of that type...Furthermore, one of the F.O.'s first questions was to inquire after his captain's well-being. That doesn't sound like there was any friction at all in the cockpit. In fact, I know from experience Lonnie would not be involved in ANY type of discussion during a critical phase of flight-unless it CONCERNED the flight especially during a flight where there seemed to be some sort of emergency. And if ANYONE says differently I will be happy to meet them out behind the hangar of their choosing...Please forgive my lack of decorum...but I have had enough of some coward denigrating my friend's memory.

Anyone has heard anything saying that the accident was somehow caused by a cockpit discussion or problems between the pilots?

I first heard this version about 3 days after the accident, that said that the Cap was white and the fO was black, and that they were having racial arguments during the whole flight, i tought his was too weird and didnt pay too much attention to it, now a mexican newspaper reported this same story, maybe they got it from the same source i did back then i dont know, to start things up, was the FO actually african american?

People think the American media is ridiculous? Just take a look at the disgusting mess, and vast sewer that is Mexico.

I cannot believe you would post such trash on a public message board that you knew so many people who knew Lonnie would read.

has to be all smoke

This is all smoke; no one has officially heard the CVR. The F/O had flown with five other Capt's and there were no reports of any crew problems with him. He had been a F/E at JAL for 6 years; he knew how to act in a cockpit. Every interaction I had with him from initial contact, to interview, to classroom, to a beer at the "Wedge" he was nothing but a gentleman. As for the Capt you could not make him mad about anything, he was just easy going and did not get excited.

I agree with the sentiments of the above posts completely. If you need any help behind that hanger let me know. I wouldn't believe much that is said in a Mexican paper. There are good reasons American's are sent as "Liaisons." There is plenty of cover up and corruption down there ya know.

Every interaction I had with him from initial contact, to interview, to classroom, to a beer at the "Wedge" he was nothing but a gentleman.

I could be wrong, but as I recall from his graduation party he doesn't drink. (Just attesting to his character here) I had many conversations with him down in the training department while I was teaching (not him) and the guy that rents a room from me as a crashpad was in class with him. You would be hard pressed to find more mellow mannered people than those that were flying together that night.

http://www.zocalo.com.mx/seccion/articulo/pleito-en-la-cabina-causa-el-avionazo/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back