Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told his father he has a job waiting for him when he is ready to come back.

My hat is off to you Pilotypi....very professional and I am sure the family appreciates your support.

Also, Not my business, but are you down there "TDY" as a liasion to the Mexican authorities or are you just on a regular trip and happen to be in town.

see ya

I sent it to a friend of mine that was a Spanish Major and is a pilot. Not word for word, but here is the summary:

At first, he's describing what he's seeing on the security camera.
Then he's saying he thinks it was a loss of control, maybe a major malfunction of the flight controls.
He's asked why they didn't communicate the problem, and he responds that due to the low altitude and low controllability, the crew was focused on flying the plane. He's describing the "normal" communications between the plane and ATC. He said it's very unusual that they didn't report any problems, if they were having them earlier. That if he were having such problems earlier, he would have reported them to ATC.... that's about it.

The guy speaking is the former president of the Mexican pilot Union, as far as he can tell and is a Captain somewhere down there.

As far as I know this guy has nothing to do with the investigation and is about as reliable as CNN's "expert pilots." So I wouldn't read to much into it. I know it's hard, but the NTSB will let us know what happened in due time.

I sent it to a friend of mine that was a Spanish Major and is a pilot. Not word for word, but here is the summary:

Then he's saying he thinks it was a loss of control, maybe a major malfunction of the flight controls.
He's asked why they didn't communicate the problem, and he responds that due to the low altitude and low controllability, the crew was focused on flying the plane. He's describing the "normal" communications between the plane and ATC. He said it's very unusual that they didn't report any problems, if they were having them earlier. That if he were having such problems earlier, he would have reported them to ATC.... that's about it.

The guy speaking is the former president of the Mexican pilot Union, as far as he can tell and is a Captain somewhere down there.

As far as I know this guy has nothing to do with the investigation and is about as reliable as CNN's "expert pilots." So I wouldn't read to much into it. I know it's hard, but the NTSB will let us know what happened in due time.

I second the above. I don't know who the commentator is, maybe he flies a RV-6 in Mexico, but he opionates a little too much on why the crash occurred, one is "aileron failure"

:crying:

He does explain how Houston Center hands them off to MTY Center then to MMIO tower and no problems were reported.

I expect to see majority of our pilots donate to Lonnie's family, I know he would if it was you and your family suffering. :(

Anybody know if LM had any life insurance? USA Jet gives something, right? How many kids does he have? 2 - I think??

Looks like there are 34693 members of this website, just image if every member donated 10.00 bucks to his widow and children. It would make a vast difference in their well being. The cost of a few beers at most aviation watering holes.

Last edited:
A few other points

I watched the tape and listened to the Captain commentator, I am not sure if that is part of the union or who he works for. ASPA is the ALPA-type union in Mexico. Maybe that is one of the local chapters.

The Captain did mention some of the normal reporting points Monterey and one other point before that. He stated that they did not report those points. He also made some comments on the trajectory and angle in degrees in relation to the ground and the angle at impact. He suggested that it was most likely a mechanical failure of the flight controls.

I did not want to comment here. My thoughts and prayers go out to LM and his family. I flew briefly at USA Jet and sat at the revision table in the break room with him a couple of times.

Jeff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back