Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Military Cargo Outsourcing..Unbelievable!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, it's no secret that DHL has made a fortune flying USPS and FFV out of Bahrain and into IQ and AF. Kalitta et el would bring it as far as BAH, then DHL would take over flying the last leg into the war zones.

Those contracts were awarded to Kalitta, who subcontracted to DHL 'cause it was cheaper for them.

Money talks.

Really? Then you should probably ask yourself why Kalitta, et al, is landing in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The central question.... why are we in Iraq?

Obviously, it's to provide jobs for contract pilots.

Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld invaded Iraq to set up the contractor smorgasbord. It would be a perfect plan if not for the cheap foreign airlines underbidding the price fix.

Here's what I know and may be help clear some of this stuff up. I'll keep it simple and to the point.

One, those IED proof troop carriers do not fit in the 747 or DC 10. And I'll bet they are probably too heavy for any K-loaders out there. Hence the AN-124. They can just drive those puppies onto it and off it.

Two, until recently (3-4 months ago), the State Department, not the insurance company, did not allow N registered aircraft to go into Iraq (do not confuse this with Afghanistan).

That's it. Thanks for watching.

One: Correct, although the items in question can be driven onto and off of C-5s as well.

Two: We've been landing in Iraq for over a year. And others were there before us. As far as I know, all of our aircraft are N registered.

Here's what I know and may be help clear some of this stuff up. I'll keep it simple and to the point.

One, those IED proof troop carriers do not fit in the 747 or DC 10. And I'll bet they are probably too heavy for any K-loaders out there. Hence the AN-124. They can just drive those puppies onto it and off it.

Two, until recently (3-4 months ago), the State Department, not the insurance company, did not allow N registered aircraft to go into Iraq (do not confuse this with Afghanistan).

That's it. Thanks for watching.

When I was flying out of Ft Wainwright/Ladd Field last summer, an AN-124 came in, probably in relation to the Stryker Battlion deploying.

Well, it's no secret that DHL has made a fortune flying USPS and FFV out of Bahrain and into IQ and AF. Kalitta et el would bring it as far as BAH, then DHL would take over flying the last leg into the war zones.

Those contracts were awarded to Kalitta, who subcontracted to DHL 'cause it was cheaper for them.

Money talks.

There is a long and distinguished history of doing the same thing with Astar as well, Euro.

Let's cut to the bottom line here......

1. USAF C-5's, C-17's and C-130's can carry the same load as the AN124.

2. Russia is a hostile country to the United States. They do everything they can to undermine us.

3. Russian aircraft are not needed to carry U.S. military vehicles. Why is the U.S. military funding the operation and profitability of carriers that compete with U.S. carriers?

4. Put the troop carriers on the C-5's, C-17's and C-130's. Put the freight that those planes would have otherwise carried onto the civilian 747's.

5. No Russian carrier should ever carry anything funded by U.S. taxpayers. Again, Russia is a hostile country.

6. The FAA should inspect and ground and/or ban every Russian plane that enters U.S. airspace in an unairworthy condition.

Look at the money trail. Somebody somewhere in the U.S. Gov't is getting a huge payoff to give business to the Russians.

Look at the money trail. Somebody somewhere in the U.S. Gov't is getting a huge payoff to give business to the Russians.

You mean corporations and executives aren't loyal to America? Rather they are loyal to the dollar?

This last July I went out to buy a flag to put it in front of the house, I went to 4 different stores and couldn't find a single American flag made in America, go figure. I'll be damn if I'm going to waive an American flag made in Korea or China, so this 4th. of July I went flag less

Of course, the irony of it is that, as I recall, you yourself are an import (as am I), so...

Latest resources

Back