Us Airways????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SAMJACK

I am absolutely amazed that you can sit there and criticize someone by calling him a scab because he left a US Air W/O for a major airline, with the very well known fact that mainline rarely hires from with in the W/O's. Look at LOA 81 and what affect it is having on the W/O's. Just ask any W/O pilot on what he thinks about LOA 81, contract carriers and the treatment they have received by mainline and that would be a better representation of what scab behavior is like. There is a lot of bitterness amongst the groups and with in companies (US Air group) and it is sickening to me. What ever happened to unity? We are seeing a lot of back stabbing and people turning a blind eye. Tough times ahead for all of us, good luck to all.

USAirways ALPA slogan?

Does anyone understand this:
FULL PAY UNTIL THE LAST DAY
that I've been reading in the USAir forums?

And now I've heard their primary concern is their "parity + 1%" raise relating to Delta's contract?

Before I open my mouth wrongly, can somebody educate me on this topic? Is this just a select few at Airways or is it the overall sentiment? Are they really concerned about pay raises while their lower ranking brethren are being furloughed?

Please enlighten me

It means that they have given and given and given and they're not going to give anymore. It's trying to show a firm stance because they are tired of paying for management's screw ups.

At USAir, management of the airline basically shut down during the United merger plans. So for over a year management did absolutely nothing until the deal was off, then it was a big scramble to try to un-break stuff. A clear cut demonstration of management getting caught with their pants down and then wanting all the other employees to pay for it.

Looking for enlightenment from a US Airways pilot.

Could one of you please tell me why your MEC did NOT demand that these additional RJ's are placed at the WO's. It is now apparent that the majority of the RJ's are going to the likes of Mesa, TSA, and CHQ. Now why would U Alpa want to help build airlines which have god awful wages and working conditions?! In one fell swoop UMEC has helped to drag the industry down under the guise of "preserving jobs." Mainline had control with an iron-clad scope clause and squandered it with this contract carrier crap. I understand that most mainline guys don't know the difference between the likes of Mesa and Piedmont, believe me, it's night and day. I guarantee that you would be happier at the bottom of PDt's list than in the left seat of anything at Mesa. Try 8 days off a month!

How long till Mesa starts competing directly with mainline using a 90 seat RJ at poverty wages? You guys need to pull your head out of the sand before you create an army of capable pilots who think 60k/year is big money and could care less about your careers. Worthe (sp?) denounced Ornstein as the next Lorenzo and now Chris Beebe and company are making his wet dream come true by drastically increasing his market share. RUF******KiddingME!

UsAir Pay raise

UsAirways Mainline received their parity pay raise on May 1st for approximately 16% for all pilots.

Latest resources

Back