• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to start accepting apps.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I were with a regional I would go there in a heart beat.

While the current state of USAir is pretty unflattering, a look at the big picture would indicate the present is a good time to "catch the wave".

If the East stays seperate you will upgrade in 6 years based on retirements. That's got to be better than most regional jobs.

After the integration is finalized, those "third list" pilots will be like Switzerland. It's nice to be able to say, "I started here after the merger so I don't have a dog in the fight and I get along with everybody". Anyone who seeks a job at USAir hoping the turbulent separate operations will allow them to pole vault into the left seat is a complete moron. Of course, there will be a few and they'll scream like infants when their unrealistic career expectations aren't realized.

The bid award was just released... 52 open positions un-filled... Of those, only 23 were on the 190 in PHL. The rest were all group 2... With the majority being the Airbus in PHL and CLT... So it looks like most will get a group 2 award...

After the integration is finalized, those "third list" pilots will be like Switzerland. It's nice to be able to say, "I started here after the merger so I don't have a dog in the fight and I get along with everybody". Anyone who seeks a job at USAir hoping the turbulent separate operations will allow them to pole vault into the left seat is a complete moron. Of course, there will be a few and they'll scream like infants when their unrealistic career expectations aren't realized.

This is true.

However either way new hires "win". If the list is integrated it will certainly come with a better contract. If the list is not integrated then upgrade is quick.

The bid award was just released... 52 open positions un-filled... Of those, only 23 were on the 190 in PHL. The rest were all group 2... With the majority being the Airbus in PHL and CLT... So it looks like most will get a group 2 award...

A new hire shouldn't really care whether they get the 190 or Group 2. In fact the 190 pays a bit more first year, and after a year you can bid out. It only matters if you want to bid a base other than PHL.

Latest resources

Back