US Airways Scope Violation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OurMoney1

What is the latest word on the large RJ argument?

To recap prior updates, the TA Dispute #8 was filed because the Company is currently in violation of the total number of “Large Small Jets” they are permitted to operate under the terms and conditions of the Transition Agreement. The Agreement authorizes the Company to operate a maximum combined total (East and West) of 93 Large SJ’s; they are currently operating 110 Large SJ’s. The remedies sought in arbitration include:
Requiring the Company to immediately cease and desist from operating more than 93 Large SJ’s as defined in Section VIII of the Transition Agreement

Is PSA gonna have to park hulls or will Doug try to get relief from MESA....or has this been resolved.

Just a guess but ill bet they try to negotiate a new LOA allowing that number. In appreciation the company will not furlough. Amazing how much better every airline would be if they followed the contract.

from what I have heard is they are tring to use this greivance as leverage to get the furloughs back on the property. There is also the block hours greivance coming up to help support this. They will not allow greater than the 93 rj's. Pretty much all the future furloughs have been mitigated and the company has said they aren't going to furlough more. It would be nice to hear some positive news for once because furlough sux!

thanks for posting that info guys............furlough does suck .............'specially in this job market ! i may have to go flight instruct if i can remember how to fly those things.

psw757:

FYI, their are more furloughs at US Airways. Out west another 20 in April with the remaining 7 in May. Out East all the pilots hired in 2007/08 will be furloughed by April.

Only furloughs that have been mitigated were for those guys that took EVLAs. Even if a pilot quit, that did not save a job.

The SJ grievance is not finished. The Arbitrator is hearing the arguments another day in March. Unforunately it one of the days that the Block hour grievance was suppose to be heard. So this Block grievance will probably drag out until April.

If the company could they would be furloughing 500 pilots, but the minimum fleet count is preventing this. This is just a repeat of the last 7 years. Management is trying to figure out how to run an airline. By the time they figure it out, it will be to late. (Though I pray not, cause I do not want anyone else laid off.)

Good luck to everyone, including the US Airways people. They have a long tough road and I don't see alot of roses on it.

You have to cross-reference the definition of "large/small flight attendant" to make any sense of the situation.

-"Midget hookers" might be a hint.

Remember you are furloughed
A. You gave it away
B. 250 hour wonder pilots want your job ie. they will fly your routes for $20/hour

This must stop...we as legacy pilots must take it back!

Remember you are furloughed
A. You gave it away
B. 250 hour wonder pilots want your job ie. they will fly your routes for $20/hour

This must stop...we as legacy pilots must take it back!

maybe I'm just stupid, but I need some remedial tutoring to figure this post out. I can understand B but not A, especially in ref. to "Remember you are furloughed".

Latest resources

Back