• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Scope Violation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We think Delta is in violation of our 76 seat scope. US Airways is not the only one blatantly disregarding the scope part of the pilots' contract.

psw757:

FYI, their are more furloughs at US Airways. Out west another 20 in April with the remaining 7 in May. Out East all the pilots hired in 2007/08 will be furloughed by April.

So it will take over 6 months from the time folks out west (who were hired in 2005 and furloughed) to get to the few that were hired in 2007/08 to be furloughed? And there is no grievance over this?

maybe I'm just stupid, but I need some remedial tutoring to figure this post out. I can understand B but not A, especially in ref. to "Remember you are furloughed".

Remember when you are furloughed that:
a.
b.

Should said that instead...our MEC chairman at the time gave UAL mgmt all the 70's they wanted. Now we are getting replaced by low exp. low pay pilots. Good luck.

My opinion just shut the place down.

I had not heard of the Delta Scope issue, can you fill us in on the details?

I am sure General Lee can fill you in. But I believe Delta is looking for more scope relief to operate more Jungle Jets. Hopefully they won't cave in.

Its sad to see US Airways Pilots on the street while US Airways management has violated the scope by 17 aircraft. Hope this gets fixed real soon.

Thank you for "feeling my pain," Surfer

I had not heard of the Delta Scope issue, can you fill us in on the details?

Our Delta JPWA allows 120 76-seat jets. Our union started doing the math and realized Delta is already operating 130+ with more on order. Our union took this to the company and there is a meeting either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow to discuss it. The company wants to offer furlough protection in the form of a LOA in return for allowing all of the current jets to continue flying. We will know more details in the next couple of days. Either way, our Delta pilots' contract has already been broken. As a FNWA, I already have no faith in the new Delta management. They are just as dishonest as our former Northwest management. I was hoping for a new beginning, but that is obviously not going to happen.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but Delta's problem is the same as Airways'. The only difference is that Delta has not furloughed YET.

Latest resources

Back