• Start date
  • Watchers 15

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CLT Rep recall vote failed roughly 70% to 30%.

I think this is a good indicator that the MOU wll pass by similar numbers.
Not sure I'm tracking with you. Those in favor of the recall (~30%) were most likely also in favor of the MOU, while those opposed to the recall(~70%) were more likely the ones that may also be opposed to the terms in the current MOU proposal.

It may pass by that % but not sure the recall % would correlate.

CLT Rep recall vote failed roughly 70% to 30%.

I think this is a good indicator that the MOU wll pass by similar numbers.

FWIW I would think that this "failed recall" if you used it (and it only) as an MOU vote indicator - would result in the MOU getting voted down.

As for the recall, I'm happy I did my part to waste the recallers' time when I let them give me a 30 minute song and dance in the CLT crewroom (they are not supposed to do that stuff in there anyway) before I informed them I was PHL based and walked away. Childish? Yes, but small victories, and it was more entertaining than completing my distance learning.

Last edited:
FWIW I would think that this "failed recall" if you used it (and it only) as an MOU vote indicator - would result in the MOU getting voted down.

Agree, and as you allude the percentage is still a toss up with DCA and PHX voting, and PHL.

The pay rates look good but a lot of pilots are sick of the shenanigans mngmnt plays with loose contract language, of which this MOU has plenty. IMHO the pay rates, regardless of scope and LPP concessions, will push it through.

The pay rates look good but a lot of pilots are sick of the shenanigans mngmnt plays with loose contract language, of which this MOU has plenty. IMHO the pay rates, regardless of scope and LPP concessions, will push it through.

I fully agree and that seems to be the scuttle on the line. Everyone is OK with the pay/money (except E190) but the rest is garbage.

Dumba$$ pilots, we are our own worst enemy.

Here is the thing. And this is no indication of how I voted (or may change my vote by the 8th if that is the case). If it is voted down AND the company/NAC comes back with another offer my feeling is it will just be with more money attached (mostly upping the 40 mil COC/min fleet money) and they will not fix the COC/min fleet/block hours language. Just my thought.

Last edited:
It's been my experience around CLT that the folks that were unhappy with their representatives and wanted to recall them are the same ones who are now dissatisfied with the MOU and have vowed to vote NO.
So it's my assumption, from what I have witnessed, that the people who voted YES to recall and get rid of their reps are the same people who have sworn to vote NO on the MOU. These are the "angry" voters.
So, in CLT, angry voters 30%, not angry voters 70%. Or something like that.
Clear as mud.

Last edited:
FYI

The recall voters wanted the recall done because they were unhappy with the fact that the CLT reps were not going along lock stock and barrel with the sales pitch. I base my opinion on what one of the CLT reps actually told me about the recall attempt.

Angry First Officers out East say vote NO!!!!! Can things get worse than LOA 93 for ten years?
Not exactly. The AFO's that realize they are headed for an extended tour in the right seat are voting NO and the very senior Capt's might vote NO because they are still deluded about their "glory days" but the newly upgraded and those slated for upgrade are looking for a bigger paycheck to go with their shiny new stripe and they say "DOH? Whatdat?"

For those begging for folks to suspend their hatred of the east, I say you've done a very thorough job of making your bed. Who am I to deny you the chance to lie in it?

It's a done deal. APA will be our union soon. There is too much money to be made by the decision makers for it to not go through. It's a done deal. Time for all to come together and move forward. All pilots in the industry will benefit.

"Done deal". How many times have I heard that in my career? If the past is any indication of the future, I would say it has about a 5% chance of actually happening as you envision it.

Don't underestimate the east's ability to make their careers worse than they already are. Passage of the MOU is not guaranteed by any means. Again, if the past is any indication of the future the MOU has about a 5% chance of being approved by the east pilots.

"Done deal". How many times have I heard that in my career? If the past is any indication of the future, I would say it has about a 5% chance of actually happening as you envision it.

Don't underestimate the east's ability to make their careers worse than they already are. Passage of the MOU is not guaranteed by any means. Again, if the past is any indication of the future the MOU has about a 5% chance of being approved by the east pilots.

Exactly what I and every other new-hire is afraid of.

Latest resources

Back