• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot/FA Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So far, flight ops says that all returning furloughees will go to the 190. Once here, we will be free to bid whatever we can hold. One year seat lock "that can be waived" as necessary. But, to avoid just that situation, they said we're all going to the 190. We'll have to see how long that lasts. The last bid had an additional 60ish vacancies on it...

It is a one way seat lock. Of course mgmt. can waive anything that is binding on us alone. I cannot fathom a set of circumstances that will result in a line qualified E-190 chump like I aspire to become getting a chance to fly metal that pays a liveable wage, when a better solution would be to hire another new chump for that!

"They said." If I had an inch of cawk for every time US Airways "word" came to fruition, I would still be rockin' a pole with no more shadow than that of Spaulding Smails. "Once here, we will be free to bid whatever we can hold." That is simply a bald faced lie. A seat lock that will benefit mgmt and hold you in a E-190 will not be waived unless it is in mgmts best interest. It will not be in their best interest to do so as long as you are a productive pilot and two training iterations can be avoided by keeping you in that A/C and letting some new person get all up in a HAL 9000 (A-320).

There are so very few (64) pilots who are already line qualified on the E-190 (after this Nov bid). They have no seat locks, and they will all be gone ASA'MF'P. After we are all back and basking in the glory of gainful employment, there will be others who come later who snag A-320 slots that we will be unable to secure (west furloughees - good for them, and and new hire pukes). I have already lived this as I, as an Easthole new hire I got to ride bottom bunk on the B-737 list. Fun while it lasted! 12 months will fly by, so I am still mega thrilled, but recognize what will likely take place and accept it.

Anyway, even before 2013, my analysis of the seniority list shows that as long as there is an open bid, anyone who wants to can go to any city and any A/C (other than B767 and A330) they want to! That is great!

Keep your heads up, and get ready for a great decade 2013-2023 in aviation! Those who stuck it out in this soul sucking career are about to taste something good, rather than 2001-2012's sheisser sandwiches. (Insert pilot shortage irrational exuberance mhea)

Five reasons I am optimistic even though my present situtation is a rotting cesspool:
1) Dec. 2012
2) A new contract will result in unity, progress and less infighting, or at least less airborne fecal matter and Cabbage Patch Kid TM hangings.
3) A new contract must result in an increased requirement for swinging dix, as the East contract's work rules are OBSCENE!
4) Age 60+ cockpit pairings will result in an increased need for pilots to cover for these long suffering geezers.
5) Can the economy get any worse? Yes, but if that is the case my job will be the least of my concerns, as there daily life is likely to include roving cannibal gangs wearing assless leather chaps, a dominating Lord Humungous, and simple survival as a daily pastime.

Last edited:
In the past, once you turned down a recall you were not contacted again until a new round was announced.

Then again, Tempe is running the show now so how they will view it is anyone's guess.

A seat lock that will benefit mgmt and hold you in a E-190 will not be waived unless it is in mgmts best interest.

You spoke the truth right there brother!

It would be nice if the company or union would just officially announce what their plan is for recalls over the next few months, I think it would benefit the company and us furloughed guys in making a quicker decision on whether or not to accept recall. At this point someone has to know what the plan is.

psw757,

It would be nice, but we have all learned by now that in this industry your well-being is the least of managements concern.

They will call you when they need you, and not a day sooner.

psw757,

It would be nice, but we have all learned by now that in this industry your well-being is the least of managements concern.

They will call you when they need you, and not a day sooner.

The only reason I made that comment was the company intent on having 2 classes on both sides in Sept. and now that they took so long to fill the sept 6 class on east side there may only be one east class in sept. This is from the scheduling people, apparently the response to the letters weren't coming in as quick as they had hoped. Didn't help that they chose not to send 40 letters out initially.

You can be forced to show up in as few as 14 days for a training class, accd to the co rep I talked to. Relax! There is plenty of time to fill that and the next class. 9/6/10 is 25+ days away!

It would be nice if the company or union would just officially announce what their plan is for recalls over the next few months, I think it would benefit the company and us furloughed guys in making a quicker decision on whether or not to accept recall. At this point someone has to know what the plan is.

That's just it , there is no real plan.

Do returnies still have the option of waiting for a group 2 slot?

yes they can. If not enough except the 190 recall, they would have to hire, while still having pilots on furlough.

M

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back