• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot/FA Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right. All first letters were not certified. Then they sent 25 certified ones for Sept 6 (only 20 could make the cut). Like Garbage said, more than 5 people declined so they sent out a handful more certified letters to fill Sept 6.

What surprises me a bit is that someone in the "mid-30s" got an offer to the September 6th class. That could be roughly 35 letters sent out for a class of 20 and that's a pretty large amount of bypasses.

In case anybody's keeping score. Out west only 1 bypassed out of the top 17 furloughees for the Sep 6th class.. I'd say thats not quite a 50% bypass rate..

Straight poop...ONLY 9 RECALL ACCEPTANCES FOR 25 CERTIFIED LETTERS!!! (36%)

Guapo, they are discussing the specific class assignments, not the "40." but the 16 in each class. The 40, IMO means next to nothing, is not binding, and is merely speculation by the Co.

EVERYONE got the first letter, because I am among the first furloughed, and we all got it. It also means nothing.

Predicktion - There will be many more returns to work from this point on (the middle and end guys). The first group has motivation to skip it. Extrapolate for yourself why that is.

I was told 16 per class.
9/6 - 16
9/20 - 32 returns
10/4 8? (I bet they get another 8 to fill class, and that would be 48 recalls) I think anyone who wants to come back immediately will be offered just that by the close of October.

I have to quote this twice since it is so nail on the head west mentality. Just read it . It says NIC= only some west upgrades. DOH=east upgrades only......exactly....it is called date of hire. See my new thread.

So.... How is that fair exactly? Ya know I, and every single other AWA pilot, had NOTHING to do with the fact that your buddy's 17 years bought him RSV F/O on a narrowbody. The east expectations were unrealistic if they believe they were gonna retire at the top of the list and everything in their world had remained static. I had expectations too. They are forever changed though because Parker merged the two airlines. In fact I can't think of any airline pilot that had their career go the way they envisioned. Some were more fortunate, others didn't fare as well. The east made a colossal mistake by refusing to move off of DOH in their attempt to negotiate, mediate and arbitrate. They most likely could've gotten some credit for their LOS. But hey, it will be water under the bridge soon...

Last edited:
So.... How is that fair exactly? Ya know I, and every single other AWA pilot, had NOTHING to do with the fact that your buddy's 17 years bought him RSV F/O on a narrowbody. The east expectations were unrealistic if they believe they were gonna retire at the top of the list and everything in their world had remained static. I had expectations too. They are forever changed though because Parker merged the two airlines. In fact I can't think of any airline pilot that had their career go the way they envisioned. Some were more fortunate, others didn't fare as well. The east made a colossal mistake by refusing to move off of DOH in their attempt to negotiate, mediate and arbitrate. They most likely could've gotten some credit for their LOS. But hey, it will be water under the bridge soon...
Wrong thread, wrong topic! Try this one: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=134654

Back on topic............

Heard the first class for 20 went all the way to about 35 on the furlough list (East) ...ie. about 15 bypassed.

My questions is when they recall for the next class of 10 for Oct, do they start at the top seniority list of furloughs again? Or are those 15 guys considered bypassed for this whole round of (40)recalls? Not sure how that works.
Thanks!

Back on topic............

Heard the first class for 20 went all the way to about 35 on the furlough list (East) ...ie. about 15 bypassed.

My questions is when they recall for the next class of 10 for Oct, do they start at the top seniority list of furloughs again? Or are those 15 guys considered bypassed for this whole round of (40)recalls? Not sure how that works.
Thanks!

I have been told they will start at the most senior furloughed guy for each class and offer him/her recall.

And that is why some of the senior furloughees are bypassing. They hope they will be offered a class for a different A/C than the E-190. It is in their interest to do so.

And that is why some of the senior furloughees are bypassing. They hope they will be offered a class for a different A/C than the E-190. It is in their interest to do so.

So far, flight ops says that all returning furloughees will go to the 190. Once here, we will be free to bid whatever we can hold. One year seat lock "that can be waived" as necessary. But, to avoid just that situation, they said we're all going to the 190. We'll have to see how long that lasts. The last bid had an additional 60ish vacancies on it...

Latest resources

Back