• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot/FA Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh, there are 0 retirements for the next 2 years. I know there is a thread of some impressive girth on here about that.

Last I saw, there is no year with 500 retirements, but many with 300+. 500 would be 15% of the damned airline. Simma.

Uh, there are 0 retirements for the next 2 years. I know there is a thread of some impressive girth on here about that.

Last I saw, there is no year with 500 retirements, but many with 300+. 500 would be 15% of the damned airline. Simma.

I agree with you! Just seems to be a bunch of fluff about by the end of 2012 there will be 500+ less guys (due to retirements hopefully). I don't see things moving too much until 2013 ish.

There is a training freeze of 12 months on the E-190 regardless of if you flew it before you were furloughed since all recalls will go through a full initial training again.

The first pilots reach 65 in December of 2012. It's pure speculation how many will fly until then. The consensus is attrition will start to pick up before that and guys will start to call in sick more frequently. Here's the numbers for East only that I have:
2012 9
2013 151
2014 212
2015 225
2016 229
2017 241
2018 259
2019 257
2020 242
2021 249
2022 204

Who says the list is warped? Oh yeah, the guys who were denied their windfall. A slightly biased group I'd say.

That '17' year guy is just pissed that he can't immediately leverage his bottom fo position into instant captainhood. Go fly a kite.

Oh Stingray, be honest now. The 17 year FO has no desire to immediately take your captain seat. Fact is, they never want to take your captain seat but he does have every intention of keeping you from taking the captain seat from him. Ain't no body gonna watch your FOs slip into a Capt seat for the first time while the 17 year East FO has already been there and has been waiting patiently to get back into the captain seat when his East buddies retire in a year or two.

Oh, yeah.. go fly a kite.:D

If you want to be honest, why not go right to the Nic list and see which pilots are in line for an upgrade. Is it exclusively west pilots? No. But under DOH it would be exclusively east pilots for many years.

If you want to be honest.

If you want to be honest, why not go right to the Nic list and see which pilots are in line for an upgrade. Is it exclusively west pilots? No. But under DOH it would be exclusively east pilots for many years.

That's why no body is asking for DOH. But you'd have to be honest to admit that.

Oh Stingray, be honest now. The 17 year FO has no desire to immediately take your captain seat. Fact is, they never want to take your captain seat but he does have every intention of keeping you from taking the captain seat from him. Ain't no body gonna watch your FOs slip into a Capt seat for the first time while the 17 year East FO has already been there and has been waiting patiently to get back into the captain seat when his East buddies retire in a year or two.

Oh, yeah.. go fly a kite.:D

No, they have no desire for my captain seat immediately, just real damn soon. Of course the way bids run, and the ebb and flow of what the company does with bases and fleets, the exhange would most definately take place. Roger the Kite, good one, if I can dish it out I can take it! I like your style there.:beer:

Put in your dues with an airline you plan on spending the rest of your career with, you have expectations. That is what most East guys did/do. Back in 80'/90's/mid 2000's, USAir was a final goal. Guys I know used the west as an alternative (a.k.a. stepping stone) to the majors until their number was called to the majors. That is honest. An East 17 year guy sure as %$# deserves DOH.

Last edited:

I have to quote this twice since it is so nail on the head west mentality. Just read it . It says NIC= only some west upgrades. DOH=east upgrades only......exactly....it is called date of hire. See my new thread.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back