US Airways passengers and baggage stranded

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tristar said:
I'm sure you have, but you don't work in an environment which is subject to pressure changes (can't work with a cold that blocks the ears or sinuses), or subject to the regulation of the FAA (pilots can't work with ANY condition which would render their medical invalid). There's a tad more involved in moving 100 tons of aircraft around than preventing paper cuts and not spilling your coffee.
Right! How many times have you flown with a pilot who has the flu and 102 degree fever? I have plenty of times-very selfish. Pilots in general will do what suits their particular needs-no more, no less. If it means making an extra 500 beans, they'll do it.

SWA/FO said:
Why are people buying tickets on a carrier that is in ch. 11? It would make sense to me that employees losing everthing they have worked for would just say "f*ck it" and stay home with the Family.

I think this is a problem at every carrier, this time of year. Just a little worst at US Airways... or a little worst in the public eye with all the press.
You're kidding right?
:rolleyes:

BeCareful! said:
Yeah, Sleepy, that's it! Comair cancels 1100 flights, but U loses a few bgs and has a minor sickout, and you think the FAA should just pull the plug!

Yeah, that's a good use of my tax dollars.
It is a good use of our tax dollars. Something has to go to help save the other airlines. If we can get rid if USAir's capacity, then maybe the rest of the legacy carriers can make it. I am sorry, but somebody has to go. This is really just the writing on the wall, USAir is done!

It was more than just a few misplaced bags BTW. It was a self-induced disaster.

BeCareful! said:
Yeah, Sleepy, that's it! Comair cancels 1100 flights, but U loses a few bgs and has a minor sickout, and you think the FAA should just pull the plug!

Yeah, that's a good use of my tax dollars.
There comes a time when the labor atmosphere becomes so poisoned that one has to question safety aspects of the operation. I think we're there.

Right! How many times have you flown with a pilot who has the flu and 102 degree fever? I have plenty of times-very selfish. Pilots in general will do what suits their particular needs-no more, no less. If it means making an extra 500 beans, they'll do it.
I know it happens, but that doesn't make it right or technically legal. I was merely pointing out yet another area in which Low has no clue about aircraft/airline operations (which would appear to be a prerequisite to be an anal-linguist or whatever title he gives himself).

Latest resources

Back